5,597,647 Members 32,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So Lost Don't Know What To Ask

Tip us?

alaskan_rainbow_trout
Old
(Last edited by alaskan_rainbow_trout; 13th December 2013 at 04:25 AM.) Reason: Extraordiary excitation of the serotonin receptors
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] So Lost Don't Know What To Ask

("EDIT"
As Mentioned below I am somewhat medicated.I have discovered a neat post including a video guide for for what I assume is my phone. I HOPE this is what is referred to in the video guide!!I have a Model number SGH_1337 and it a baseband version 1337UCUAMF3I apologize for posting while toasted. and am going to watch the video and gather my cojones in preparation for jumping off the Rooting cliff and either plummeting or flying. Either way I shan't be bored. I got to the point I had all the hospital cable channels memorized as wel las the menu. Know when certain nurses began and ended their shifts turned out to be useful. I'm old but not dead so rather thatn edit out all the idiotic bits below I left them as a warning to others thinking of posting whislt blotto..)

I know the proper thing to do is spend the time and effort reading and studying these forum posts before begging for help. But I've just spent a long time in hospital, and am still whacked out on oxycodone pain meds.

I have, thru the generosity of a close friend, an At&T Galaxy S4 it's a 1337 and the baseband is the MF#. I've become obsessed with the idea of getting rid of the scummy only Jellybean and getting KitKat. Mind you I'm in my mid 60's and only recently discovered I had to1. learn how to drive again. (I DESTROYED a canned beans display recently) I was refereed to as an old Geezer by some young twentysomething. He Damn near saw my angry old man thing, and 2. lean how to use my GD telephone again.

I have some REALLY dumb questions that I KNOW must have been answered a million times before but I just can't did out the info. SO if you're going to be pissed just shoot me in the head and get it over quickly.

Is there a way to Root my new phone, put a KickAss ROM on it, and if I change my mind revert it back to it's old boring self so as to not loose my warranty etc.

I won't send anyone some of my pain meds.It seems when you get old you actually NEED them. But I will be happy to help anyone come to Alaska and have one HELL of a good time. I've got some good connections in the hospitality industry, and would be happy to help someone plan a hiking, camping, hunting (NOT "Trophy" hunting, and especially fishing trip. I haven't been able to be in a stream with my fly rod looking for monster Rainbows in two years. My Back is shot. But I have hopes of getting it fixed. But I can help plan a bare bones trip all the way up to one where they meet your float plane as it taxis into your remote lodge. Often it's a luscious lady in waders with a silver tray that has your favored beverage on it lest you pass out fro the exertion of walking to the bar.

In all seriousness I would be happy to help any one of you super geeks to come and as a buddy of mine puts it "Get some Alaska on ya". For the record Palin is a fake and an embarrassment to the VAST majority of us. But I REALLY want to learn how to make my phone MINE.

I'm not COMPLETELY dim, I have an old A+ Cert and came within one test of becoming a Microsoft "Engineer" (MCSE) Actaully I learned how to pass tests, I LEARNED I didn't have the twenty years of experience it took to become what I had originally thought an MCSE would provide.

Any takers, helpers

I saw something called KitKat KANGAKAT Custom ROM at another site that looked interesting but it's obvious THIS is the nexus of everything ANDROID SUPER GEEK.

Wolf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alaskan_rainbow_trout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan_rainbow_trout View Post
("EDIT"
As Mentioned below I am somewhat medicated.I have discovered a neat post including a video guide for for what I assume is my phone.I have a Model number SGH_1337 and it a baseband version 1337UCUAMF3I apologize for posting while toasted. and am going to watch the video and gather my cojones in preparation for jumping off the Rooting cliff and either plummeting or flying. Either way I shan't be bored. I got to the point I had all the hospital cable channels memorized as wel las the menu. Know when certain nurses began and ended their shifts turned out to be useful. I'm old but not dead so rather thatn edit out all the idiotic bits below I left them as a warning to others thinking of posting whislt blotto..)

I know the proper thing to do is spend the time and effort reading and studying these forum posts before begging for help. But I've just spent a long time in hospital, and am still whacked out on oxycodone pain meds.

I have, thru the generosity of a close friend, an At&T Galaxy S4 it's a 1337 and the baseband is the MF#. I've become obsessed with the idea of getting rid of the scummy only Jellybean and getting KitKat. Mind you I'm in my mid 60's and only recently discovered I had to1. learn how to drive again. (I DESTROYED a canned beans display recently) I was refereed to as an old Geezer by some young twentysomething. He Damn near saw my angry old man thing, and 2. lean how to use my GD telephone again.

I have some REALLY dumb questions that I KNOW must have been answered a million times before but I just can't did out the info. SO if you're going to be pissed just shoot me in the head and get it over quickly.

Is there a way to Root my new phone, put a KickAss ROM on it, and if I change my mind revert it back to it's old boring self so as to not loose my warranty etc.

I won't send anyone some of my pain meds.It seems when you get old you actually NEED them. But I will be happy to help anyone come to Alaska and have one HELL of a good time. I've got some good connections in the hospitality industry, and would be happy to help someone plan a hiking, camping, hunting (NOT "Trophy" hunting, and especially fishing trip. I haven't been able to be in a stream with my fly rod looking for monster Rainbows in two years. My Back is shot. But I have hopes of getting it fixed. But I can help plan a bare bones trip all the way up to one where they meet your float plane as it taxis into your remote lodge. Often it's a luscious lady in waders with a silver tray that has your favored beverage on it lest you pass out fro the exertion of walking to the bar.

In all seriousness I would be happy to help any one of you super geeks to come and as a buddy of mine puts it "Get some Alaska on ya". For the record Palin is a fake and an embarrassment to the VAST majority of us. But I REALLY want to learn how to make my phone MINE.

I'm not COMPLETELY dim, I have an old A+ Cert and came within one test of becoming a Microsoft "Engineer" (MCSE) Actaully I learned how to pass tests, I LEARNED I didn't have the twenty years of experience it took to become what I had originally thought an MCSE would provide.

Any takers, helpers

I saw something called KitKat KANGAKAT Custom ROM at another site that looked interesting but it's obvious THIS is the nexus of everything ANDROID SUPER GEEK.

Wolf

Just because this deserved to be quoted in time forever...
AT&T Galaxy S4
Rooted Google Play Edition 4.4 ROM
Ktoonsez AOSP 4.4 kernel
  • Xposed Mods
  • Tasker
  • Utter

**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth working in AOSP ROM's!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440
The Following User Says Thank You to CZ Eddie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alaskan_rainbow_trout
Old
(Last edited by alaskan_rainbow_trout; 13th December 2013 at 05:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Just because this deserved to be quoted in time forever...
Is that a good thing or a bad thing

I'm hoping I have the phone the video talks about!

So IS it possible to root my phone or not. A consensus seems to be lacking...

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
So IS it possible to root my phone or not. A consensus seems to be lacking...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387577
AT&T Galaxy S4
Rooted Google Play Edition 4.4 ROM
Ktoonsez AOSP 4.4 kernel
  • Xposed Mods
  • Tasker
  • Utter

**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth working in AOSP ROM's!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

joshzdad2013
Old
(Last edited by joshzdad2013; 13th December 2013 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
CZ EDDIE beat me to it.

abudabu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For your baseband 1337UCUAMF3, there currently only exists root method. We're unable to install ROM's on it, as the bootloader is still locked.
(Surfing through the forums for the past 3 days, I've been able to glean that info).
Too many to list...

Current Device:
Htc One X - rooted, unlocked BL, ClearRom Lite
Previous Devices:
Samsung Skyrocket S2, rooted, stock, iPhone 4S jailbroken ,Rogers Xperia Play (rooted,unlocked on AT&T with R800i UK firmware), Samsung Infuse (on Infused 1.5 rooted, unlocked), Nexus S AT&T 3G (stock), iPhone 4 (Jailbroken,unlocked), Nexus 1 AT&T 3G (rooted,Htc theme), iPhone 3GS (unlocked,jbrkn), Blackberry 9000 (unlocked,Canadian ROM), Nokia 5800, iPhone 3G jbrkn, Nokia N95

NighthawkXL
Old
(Last edited by NighthawkXL; 13th December 2013 at 09:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
<Wall of text>
Yes, you can root, yes you can install CERTAIN custom rom's... and yes you can go back to stock if you don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abudabu View Post
For your baseband 1337UCUAMF3, there currently only exists root method. We're unable to install ROM's on it, as the bootloader is still locked.
(Surfing through the forums for the past 3 days, I've been able to glean that info).
Ugh, can people NOT read the stickied threads on the top of the forum? All of this information was on the front page of the General section and took absolutely no more then 2 minutes to find and I didn't even need to search. Sorry I sound harsh, it rubs off after being both a administrator and moderator of other forums (NOT HERE)... it irritates me when people can't read the important post that are stuck for a reason.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14&postcount=2
My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
  • ROM - Purified [4.4.2]
  • Baseband - MK2 (MLD)
  • Root - Yes
  • Recovery - SafeStrap 3.72
----------------------------------------------------------
B&N Nook Color
  • ROM - MROM-encore [4.2.2]
  • Root - Yes
  • Kernel - Customized Stock
  • Recovery - CWM
----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my help? Feel free to help feed this broke college student.
The Following User Says Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Ugh, can people NOT read the stickied threads on the top of the forum? All of this information was on the front page of the General section and took absolutely no more then 2 minutes to find and I didn't even need to search. Sorry I sound harsh, it rubs off after being both a administrator and moderator of other forums (NOT HERE)... it irritates me when people can't read the important post that are stuck for a reason.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14&postcount=2[/QUOTE]

Thank you! There's a thread about rooting mk2 that pops up daily. They know the freaking answers to it but still ask the same question. Oh is it safe? Well people are using it taking their own risks just do it yourself if you want your phone rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abudabu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkXL View Post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14&postcount=2
Ok great. Thank you. I was under a wrong assumption.

I ended up following your posts, and saw you've made a sorta WIP list of all the ROM's that can be flashed via Safestrap on MF3. I'll be following what you have in your signature, and making the 4.2.2 Google Edition my Stock Rom.

Quick question, if you or anyone following the thread can guide me to --->

Where can I find a user guide, on SafeStrap 3.65, which shows how to flash ROMs on Stock Rom?
Thank you very much for your patience and your continuing help
Too many to list...

Current Device:
Htc One X - rooted, unlocked BL, ClearRom Lite
Previous Devices:
Samsung Skyrocket S2, rooted, stock, iPhone 4S jailbroken ,Rogers Xperia Play (rooted,unlocked on AT&T with R800i UK firmware), Samsung Infuse (on Infused 1.5 rooted, unlocked), Nexus S AT&T 3G (stock), iPhone 4 (Jailbroken,unlocked), Nexus 1 AT&T 3G (rooted,Htc theme), iPhone 3GS (unlocked,jbrkn), Blackberry 9000 (unlocked,Canadian ROM), Nokia 5800, iPhone 3G jbrkn, Nokia N95

RohinZaraki
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3684

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
("EDIT"
As Mentioned below I am somewhat medicated.I have discovered a neat post including a video guide for for what I assume is my phone. I HOPE this is what is referred to in the video guide!!I have a Model number SGH_1337 and it a baseband version 1337UCUAMF3I apologize for posting while toasted. and am going to watch the video and gather my cojones in preparation for jumping off the Rooting cliff and either plummeting or flying. Either way I shan't be bored. I got to the point I had all the hospital cable channels memorized as wel las the menu. Know when certain nurses began and ended their shifts turned out to be useful. I'm old but not dead so rather thatn edit out all the idiotic bits below I left them as a warning to others thinking of posting whislt blotto..)

Any takers, helpers

Wolf
My Devices and What They're Running
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 │White│Unlocked Bootloader│GingerDX - 2.3.7COLD STORAGE
HTC One X │Black│Unlocked Bootloader│Hard Bricked - 4.2.2
Asus Nexus 7│Black│Unlocked Bootloader│Dual Booting Stock AOSP Goodness - 4.4.2 INCAPACITATED

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RohinZaraki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]