5,601,223 Members 53,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which custom rom would be best for me?

Tip us?

ferivon
Old
(Last edited by ferivon; 16th December 2013 at 06:02 AM.) Reason: forgot about the Anti Theft app...
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Which custom rom would be best for me?

I know, there are huge lists of roms that are available for the Xperia Neo, but I have a long list of requirements and thought that you might be able to help me out with something that I would probably need multiple weeks for.

General information:
  • The exact name for my smartphone is 'Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V'.
  • I don't have any warranty on my phone anymore. (I got it on xmas in 2011 and I had 24 month warranty.)
  • I rooted it in 2012 (april approximately)
  • I lost the backup between millions of files on my old computer. (It still exists though.)
  • I can't remember what I used to root it, but it was rediculously simple.
  • I installed an Anit-Theft app on it in 2011. 'Avast Internet Security & Antirirus' and I remember it sayin something like it will hide itself as system app and protect itself etc. I'm not sure if I remember the password...

What I expect from the custom rom:
  • It must support all the components (including HDMI, USB, WIFI, GPS, 3G, cams...).
  • It should be as small as possible (on disc and RAM)
  • but there shouldn't be any critical or extremely annoying bugs.
  • low CPU usage
  • control over the CPU clock (to get more battery time)
  • I only want necessary software to be installed on the device by default. (atm there are about 100 apks that are clearly not necessary)

I hope I didn't forget anything.

The reasons:
  • I want more battery time. (Yes I already turned my screen darker, bought a bigger battery and closed background processes)
  • I hate it to have a mess on my device.
  • I hate it to have no control over it.
  • I need more internal discspace. (Thanks to bad developers like WhasApp's and the 100 unnecessary preinstalled system apks. I think I don't even have 200MB available on my internal storage.)
  • Lesser lag and responding times (especially for the keyboard)

Best regards and thanks in advance,
ferivon

deccen90
Old
Thanks Meter 660
here is the list of roms & kernels http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1316394 have lots of different kind roms & kernels select one accordingly which suites your need .. one thing there is no best rom or kernel out there , try all select the one enjoy full freedom .. welcome to xda
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deccen90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koradiavatsal
Old
Thanks Meter 1425
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097137
No rom is fast or best. It depends on users choice. Try each rom and see whats best for you. Dont create such threads in future. Its baseless

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

PAC- Paranoid Android+CM+AOKP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koradiavatsal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ferivon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did not ask for the best rom. Read the whole post before answering in future.
Btw: When I registered here, a message showed up, implying that it is okay to ask for roms with specific features as long as you don't ask for it in a dev section.

However, enough offtopic, I asked for the rom that would fit my needs the best.
I hope you don't seriously want me to test every rom that is compatible with my phone. Not sure if you knew it, but there are humans that have a 'real life'. I can't just put a new rom on my device and test it for 10 minutes to see if it fits my needs. It takes a lot of time to see if the rom is stable bug-free etc. And now imagine I would do this for like 50 roms. It would take me years...

It doesn't necessarely need to be the one that fits my needs 'the best'.
I just thought that someone here has some experience with most roms and that you could at least give me a smaller list of possible roms.
Or maybe you just happened to know one specific rom that is very good and fitting my needs?

I read a message or something like that when I registered here. And it implied that it is okay to ask for roms with specific features as long as you don't ask for it in a dev section.

best regards,
ferivon

deccen90
Old
Thanks Meter 660
You better try latest updated ROMs use recommended kernel mentioned in rom thread, no further discussions

Sent from my Xperia Neo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Let me clear up somethings... You need hdmi so you will have to stick to ics or gb... And in general all roms try to provide you the best experience... By having an unlocked boatloader you can install a custom kernel and thus getting control on processor... All roms generally aren't bloated... So I would say any stock based rom ll suit you...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Attitude.SSJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epicsilence
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferivon View Post
I did not ask for the best rom. Read the whole post before answering in future.
Btw: When I registered here, a message showed up, implying that it is okay to ask for roms with specific features as long as you don't ask for it in a dev section.
However, enough offtopic, I asked for the rom that would fit my needs the best.
I hope you don't seriously want me to test every rom that is compatible with my phone. Not sure if you knew it, but there are humans that have a 'real life'. I can't just put a new rom on my device and test it for 10 minutes to see if it fits my needs. It takes a lot of time to see if the rom is stable bug-free etc. And now imagine I would do this for like 50 roms. It would take me years...
I read a message or something like that when I registered here. And it implied that it is okay to ask for roms with specific features as long as you don't ask for it in a dev section.

best regards,
ferivon
You don't have to test every ROM anyways and
DO not refer "the life" here...respect the developers, they do have their lives even after making these ROMS for You....
If you are intelligent enough to read the general and development threads.... and know the ROM bases(AOSP,cyno,PACMAN,etc) from good developers....I can bet you ...you will find a ROM good or even best in less testing...because many ROMS on ICS based are premium icing on the cake...
do check the rating on the right side of the thread
: The only thing which can keep you busy is your interest
Thank You XDA