XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA CSS Problem - Site looks weird

Tip us?

xarfrost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Info 2 XDA CSS Problem - Site looks weird

Hello XDA, forgive me if I posted this thread in a wrong section. I didnt see any similar threads regarding my problem or a Help and Troubleshooting section. So Ive got this teeny tiny problem, hopefully its okay.

Im not so new here, but lately, started like 2 weeks ago(?), the XDA forum site (http://forum.xda-developers.com/) on my PC, my phone, my tablet, looks like this.

################################################## ################################################

Im sure its not my browser(tried IE and Firefox), nor my internet(tried 3 dif places/isp). Tried clearing cache, no luck. I can hardly read well from the threads. Or is XDA forum having problems and/or maintenance or something?

Thanks in advance.

iammtxd
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: Forum site problem

Try to refresh.
And this doesn't happen to me.

Sorry for my bad English.
Sent from my Nexus 4.
My Phone : Google Nexus 5
Rom : OmniRom Nightly
Kernel : Franco.kernel r33
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.0.0

Last phone:LG P500 Optimus One, Google Nexus 4<Jumped off the shelf>

My Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 2012
Rom :Rooted Stock 4.4.2
Kernel :Stock
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.0.0

My PC:Click Me(CPU-Z Validator)

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3738
Try changing the site theme at the very bottom left of the page. I doubt it will help but it will at least narrow down the problem.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xarfrost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Try changing the site theme at the very bottom left of the page. I doubt it will help but it will at least narrow down the problem.
Wow, that worked great. Im not sure why it was set to XDA 2013 beta. Using XDA 2010 now. Whew.

Anyway thanks for the reply people.

P.S. you could delete this thread unless its for future reference

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarfrost View Post
Wow, that worked great. Im not sure why it was set to XDA 2013 beta. Using XDA 2010 now. Whew.

Anyway thanks for the reply people.

P.S. you could delete this thread unless its for future reference
Glad that worked, but not sure what the issue was. Many people (myself included) use the 2013 theme and it works fine. Any suggestion I have is blown out of the water by the fact you've seen the same issue on multiple browsers and PCs.

Anyway, it's worth leaving in case anyone stumbles across this with the same issue
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xarfrost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Glad that worked, but not sure what the issue was. Many people (myself included) use the 2013 theme and it works fine. Any suggestion I have is blown out of the water by the fact you've seen the same issue on multiple browsers and PCs.

Anyway, it's worth leaving in case anyone stumbles across this with the same issue
Hmm.. choices were XDA Classic, 2010, 2013 Beta, 2013 Beta 1024... Just for extra info, the bold one is the broken one. lol. Using 2013-1024 now. Anyway thanks again.

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1062
This is related to our CDN. I've purged the cache there, can anyone let me know if this now works for them? I've been hearing about occasional problems over the last few days from the Philippines and now China, so it seems to be focused on their edge(s) in Asia.

If it isn't working for you, they could really use the HTTP Response headers from the request. The url to check on is: http://cdn.media.xda-developers.com/...pt/2013.min.js
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (4.4.1) | Oppo Find 5 (Omni)

Past Phones: Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, 4, 3G, 3 (Jailbroken), Motorola V360, HTC TyTN
Past Tablets/Devices: Arnova 10G2, Asus EEEPC 900a, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads

Caloy_
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been having the same problem for the past few days. Also from the Philippines and switching to the XDA 2013 Beta - 1024 theme has also fixed it for me. I'm not sure what to do with the link for getting the HTTP response header though.

XDA_Bam
Old
(Last edited by XDA_Bam; 11th February 2013 at 01:32 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 825
Same problem here. The problems started some time last year. I filed a bugzilla bug for this, but no one is actively investigating it. The problem then went away in January (if I remember correctly) and reocurred yesterday. Selecting XDA 2013 - 1024 fixes it. A copy of the content of the site the .js-link produces is on pastebin (expires in one month).

Please look into this - it's annoying the crap out of me!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_Bam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Inklin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I started seeing this same issue today. it only seems to happen with the 2013 beta theme, I switched to the 2013 beta 1024 theme and it works just fine.

I'm located in the UK if that's of any help..

The Following User Says Thank You to Inklin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]