XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aluminum Bumper that does not screw together

Tip us?

MikeyLee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
Default Aluminum Bumper that does not screw together

This Aluminum bumper on eBay looks really nice and does not appear to have to be screwed together like most others. That makes it much easier to get to your SIM or SD card or pull the battery if you need to. The one I had for my note 2 looked like this but it screwed on and you didn't want to get stuck with a phone freeze and no screwdriver to remove the bumper lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321226071402...84.m1423.l2649
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NCB Galaxy S5 OS
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated

Framily ID#H01101494hd Join us!

www.facebook.com/spiritlevelmusic

docprego
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee View Post
This Aluminum bumper on eBay looks really nice and does not appear to have to be screwed together like most others. That makes it much easier to get to your SIM or SD card or pull the battery if you need to. The one I had for my note 2 looked like this but it screwed on and you didn't want to get stuck with a phone freeze and no screwdriver to remove the bumper lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321226071402...84.m1423.l2649
I absolutely love the way that bumper looks. But I'm always scared of what it will do to the signal levels. I once got an aluminum bumper for my iPhone 5 and it reduced the signal level by at least one bar.

Has anyone put one of these or similar on their Note 3? If so what effect did it have on the signal levels?

mnlmnv
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I wouldn't recommend, I had one of these bumper on S3, and I lost a bar signal, plus it looks okie, but holding it, it does not feel right.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 [T-mobile]
ROM: S3Rx T-Mobile by enewman17; many thanks
MOD: Xperia Z WALKMAN/ClearAudio+/Movies/Album & BE 2 by Rizal Lovins

Jimmy2u
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default signal problem

I had used aluminium bumper on my S4 and there was a signaling problem in that...no doubt the case is nice but this signal problem irritates a lot...sometimes it even hampers the wifi connections too....so its not a good experience with aluminium bumper so wont be going to take any risk with my N3....

deathshead
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I just got the ultra thin screw together bumper.
First thing I noticed is my SiriusXM radio cutting out.
I already live in a weak signal area, but the audiostream would never cut out.

With the bumper on it dropped out multiple times due to signal.
Its it a nice unit, but like op said you have to carry a screwdriver around if you need to take off the back cover as well.

$21 bucks down the drain. Should of known better.

mgkaotic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have this exact bumper, and I haven't noticed any major signal loss, not even a bar. The only thing I dont like about it is that it makes it slightly awkward using the phone with one hand.

toker_X1
Old
(Last edited by toker_X1; 12th November 2013 at 11:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Same product half price ($10)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2613124553...84.m1497.l2649

Mine arrived today and they have changed it design with 2 holes on bottom right (which doesnt line up with the mic)
WiFi and phone signal so far unaffected.
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)
Nexus 5 32GB
Huawei Y300

Nexus 4 16GB
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony X1
iPhone (3rd Gen)
iPhone (1st Gen)

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 89
It looks like it'll make it really hard to use any other microUSB 3.0 cables. Samsung's seems to be the smallest available and it looks like they designed it to fit that. The only reason the Amazon Basics Premium microUSB 3.0 cable I have works with my other cases is because they all have flexible materials around the connector/port.
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.

blaine07
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
It looks like it'll make it really hard to use any other microUSB 3.0 cables. Samsung's seems to be the smallest available and it looks like they designed it to fit that. The only reason the Amazon Basics Premium microUSB 3.0 cable I have works with my other cases is because they all have flexible materials around the connector/port.
I had to trim my Amazon 3.0 cable end with a razor to get it to fit... With any case I had.

Sent from my SM-N900V

bigdad1963
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I believe those are screws on the side
SUGIT PUPILLAM