5,595,570 Members 46,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Firmware

Tip us?
 
mcernuto
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Stock Firmware

Guys and gals i found that there is an update from 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 i think it was. I tried to update using Kies and it told me that my software was not supported for kies update. Anyone know another way tp update to the latest stock firmware. My phone IS unlocked on Tmo. . Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
 
captemo
Old
#2  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 1,165
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
Guys and gals i found that there is an update from 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 i think it was. I tried to update using Kies and it told me that my software was not supported for kies update. Anyone know another way tp update to the latest stock firmware. My phone IS unlocked on Tmo. . Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
That update was in May

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
 
sp73smith
Old
#3  
sp73smith's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cedar City
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
then search for sgh-i717, download your file and use odin to install...
 
mcernuto
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
Do you know if i will have root after the update? And thanks for the link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
 
sp73smith
Old
#5  
sp73smith's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cedar City
You won't have root and it will erase everything. Check the super everything thread on how to root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
mcernuto
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
Im rooted now. Im familiar with him to do it. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
 
mcernuto
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
i've done a bunch of reading on 4.1.2 and see that its laggy. Can someone tell me if 4.0.4 or 4.1.2 is better as a stock rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to mcernuto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
captemo
Old
#8  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 1,165
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
i've done a bunch of reading on 4.1.2 and see that its laggy. Can someone tell me if 4.0.4 or 4.1.2 is better as a stock rom?
4.0 is probably better on everything, cause its older, better battery too. But not as many bells and whistles. A lot of the lag can be eliminated just by disabling ripple effect on lock screen. The remaining with Trickster. I know you don't like to read too much, but if you went to p355 - 378 in Padawan thread, all lag issues (for most) disappeared. My phone never ran better. I've gotten comfortable with bells and whistles though. Stock is very bland for me now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcernuto
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
4.0 is probably better on everything, cause its older, better battery too. But not as many bells and whistles. A lot of the lag can be eliminated just by disabling ripple effect on lock screen. The remaining with Trickster. I know you don't like to read too much, but if you went to p355 - 378 in Padawan thread, all lag issues (for most) disappeared. My phone never ran better. I've gotten comfortable with bells and whistles though. Stock is very bland for me now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
i flashed the rom you talked about and now i cant make calls.. when I dial the number it does not ring or anything for a few seconds and then ends the call. It does this on 3 different roms now.. what can I do
 
captemo
Old
#10  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 1,165
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
i flashed the rom you talked about and now i cant make calls.. when I dial the number it does not ring or anything for a few seconds and then ends the call. It does this on 3 different roms now.. what can I do
Sounds like modem issue. Try flashing a separate modem on top of. Don't know what other 2 ROMs you flashed? Not sure what the effect would be, but Padawan doesn't need gapps.

But I would check modem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes