XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]bad S3 or just rom?

Tip us?

pigowar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]bad S3 or just rom?

I've had this S3 for over a year now and I've been trying almost all new roms and tried overclocking but none seems to help the lag. I know it's there because my S2 is smoother in everything other than internet browser speed. I can play same game in full detail smoothly on S2 but I have lags even with low detail in S3. Any normal use seems to be okay but here are the annoying issues and I'm hoping someone has advice. Below are the list of issues that occur in every ROM I've tried.

- BT constantly drops connection and sometimes reboots phone. (I've tried turning off PBAP. This does not help. I've also tried raising min Mhz)
- Some games lag a lot. Reinstall/download does not help. Sometimes turning off WiFi helps with lag. Receiving SMS alert during game causes massive lag

I've been trying to install 4.3 knoxless version but gets stuck in Samsung screen so I gave that up. I might try CM11 next although I didn't have good luck with CM builds (seems to worsen the issue).

Any advise before I put this on CL?

Florad77
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigowar View Post
I've had this S3 for over a year now and I've been trying almost all new roms and tried overclocking but none seems to help the lag. I know it's there because my S2 is smoother in everything other than internet browser speed. I can play same game in full detail smoothly on S2 but I have lags even with low detail in S3. Any normal use seems to be okay but here are the annoying issues and I'm hoping someone has advice. Below are the list of issues that occur in every ROM I've tried.

- BT constantly drops connection and sometimes reboots phone. (I've tried turning off PBAP. This does not help. I've also tried raising min Mhz)
- Some games lag a lot. Reinstall/download does not help. Sometimes turning off WiFi helps with lag. Receiving SMS alert during game causes massive lag

I've been trying to install 4.3 knoxless version but gets stuck in Samsung screen so I gave that up. I might try CM11 next although I didn't have good luck with CM builds (seems to worsen the issue).

Any advise before I put this on CL?
If you're getting the same issues on various roms then it is definitely a problem with the phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk