XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with deleted system.img & OS on Kindle Fire HD 7

Tip us?

bajanman90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with deleted system.img & OS on Kindle Fire HD 7

I had some malware on on my kindle fire hd 7, a keylogger which someone installed to be exact. I went into the app settings trying to delete this file & i seem to have deleted the entire operating system from my kindle & now the whole system boot image is gone. I have no way to access adb usb debugging because the kindle no longer displays the notification bar at the top of the screen & because of this i'm unable to do the factory restore. I even bought a factory fastboot cable & it booted right into fast boot mode, but when i try to flash the system.img, it just tells me waiting on device. It also just show up as Tate-PVT-08 when in fastboot mode even though i have all the necessary drivers installed such as (kindle fire adb drivers,minimal adb and fastboot & android SDK ) Is there anyway you can assist me in getting my kindle back to working order ? Thank you. I attached some images so that you can see what i'm talking about. Even if i use the fast boot cable to boot into fast boot mode & then try to use the KFHD Restore Tool it just says waiting on device. Help !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	2600051   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	2600052   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	2600053   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	2600054  

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
The drivers aren't installed if it has that mark next to it... Download the drivers in my signature, extract them, and tell that device with the exclamation to update drivers and search the location you extracted mine to.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bajanman90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok, i will try them now.

bajanman90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank you very much stunts513

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
The drivers aren't installed if it has that mark next to it... Download the drivers in my signature, extract them, and tell that device with the exclamation to update drivers and search the location you extracted mine to.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

stunts513 thanks man you saved me from having to spend $200 to get a new Kindle, I really thought it was bricked forever. I can't thank you enough, once again thank you, you really helped me out.