5,596,925 Members 48,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Kindle Fire HD doesn't start

Tip us?
 
MartinfromFrance
Old
(Last edited by MartinfromFrance; 4th February 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Unhappy [Q] My Kindle Fire HD doesn't start

Hello all !

First, i'm so sorry for my bad english ...

I just buy a Kindle fire HD 7", with 7.4.6 firmware.

I make root, and i try to install Cyanogenmod, but now, my kindle doesn't start.

When i push the "On" buton, i see the logo "Kindle Fire" in orange, after i see the blue, but the tablet doesn't arrive to the desktop.

I can acces when i push the volume buton to my TWRP menu, but my save doesn't work.

My windows 7 doesn't see the tablet, i don't know how save my kindle

I see on internet some peopple who speak about "fast boot cable". It's a solution to unbrick ?

I hope you can understand me, sorry for my little english.

Best regards

Martin
 
stunts513
Old
#2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
If you have access to twrp then you don't need fastboot to fix it. As long as you install the adb drivers in my signature for your kindle while it's in twrp, you can push a new ROM to it over adb and flash it and it should boot up must fine.I wrote a tutorial on how to do it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
MartinfromFrance
Old
(Last edited by MartinfromFrance; 6th February 2014 at 04:47 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
If you have access to twrp then you don't need fastboot to fix it. As long as you install the adb drivers in my signature for your kindle while it's in twrp, you can push a new ROM to it over adb and flash it and it should boot up must fine.I wrote a tutorial on how to do it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Hello Stunts513, thanks a lot !

I try to make what you say.

1. I install the ADB drivers when the kindle is in twrp, i think it's ok :


2. i can try to push a new rom to the tablet, but i doesn't see the kindle on my computer :


I don't understand why i can't see my kindle in my computer.

In TWRP, i must activate some option to connect the kindle to the computer?

best regards

Martin
 
stunts513
Old
#4  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Because that feature is broken in twrp is why it doesn't show up as a MTP device. You need to download the adb command from that link I posted and run the adb push command to send then file to the device, its another method of transferring then file by using a command prompt instead of the usual windows explorer.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
MartinfromFrance
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Because that feature is broken in twrp is why it doesn't show up as a MTP device. You need to download the adb command from that link I posted and run the adb push command to send then file to the device, its another method of transferring then file by using a command prompt instead of the usual windows explorer.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Ok, i will try.

I take the ROM and GAPP here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543455

It's ok?
 
stunts513
Old
#6  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Yes that's the one, just push both of the files after you download them.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
MartinfromFrance
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Yes that's the one, just push both of the files after you download them.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Thanks Stunts

I try. When i tape the commande line, windows ask me : adbwinapi.dll not found.
 
stunts513
Old
#8  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
You need to extract the dll's that were in the zip file to the same directory as the adb command, then it should work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
MartinfromFrance
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
You need to extract the dll's that were in the zip file to the same directory as the adb command, then it should work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Ok

And in TWRP, i must activate some options? Like "Mount" or other?
 
stunts513
Old
#10  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Nope, the stuff is setup fine as is. Just remember to do a factory reset(under the wipe button) before flashing the ROM. I personally would wipe the system partition as well but that's just me.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes