5,597,762 Members 36,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue"

Tip us?

falalalala
Old
(Last edited by falalalala; 16th December 2013 at 05:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue"

I was on MK2 and I download safestrap beta 3.65. I then rebooted into recovery and tested creating a rom slot which worked. I then tested the reboot to recovery and then the safestrap splash menu came up, and then black screen. I tried to Odin back to MJ7 but it failed. So pulled the battery, powered on and now I am at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue".... ??

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by falalalala View Post
I was on MK2 and I download safestrap 3.65. I then rebooted into recovery and tested creating a rom slot which worked. I then tested the reboot to recovery and then the safestrap splash menu came up, and then black screen. I tried to Odin back to MJ7 but it failed. So pulled the battery, powered on and now I am at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue".... ??

not sure what to say but I don't think SS 3.65 is compatible with 4.3 base systems which MDK2 and MJ7 both are. Were you trying the beta version that hash is developing?? As for the odin issue, I'm not sure about what you have encountered....did you use the stock MJ7 image file??
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

falalalala
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
not sure what to say but I don't think SS 3.65 is compatible with 4.3 base systems which MDK2 and MJ7 both are. Were you trying the beta version that hash is developing?? As for the odin issue, I'm not sure about what you have encountered....did you use the stock MJ7 image file??
Yes I used the beta. I got the MJ7 image file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507217

falalalala
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just used odin again and it finally worked

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by falalalala View Post
I just used odin again and it finally worked

I would suggest posting in SS thread where hash is undertaking the testing of Beta....
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94