XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM Unlock, blocked???

Tip us?

kyrotech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default SIM Unlock, blocked???

has anyone tried to sim unlock their phone AFTER the update to 4.3???
I'm asking because I have a BELL i337m, upgraded to 4.3 and decided to unlock my phone after.
I tried 3 different sites to unlock my phone, they all gave me the same code and nothing happens

I tried downgrading to 4.2.2 but this wasn't very successful, its stuck in the boot animation screen
any ideas?

dcoulombe
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrotech View Post
I'm asking because I have a BELL i337m, upgraded to 4.3 and decided to unlock my phone after.
I tried 3 different sites to unlock my phone, they all gave me the same code and nothing happens

I tried downgrading to 4.2.2 but this wasn't very successful, its stuck in the boot animation screen
any ideas?
I know it's not helping, but I received my Bell phone yesterday and it was shipped with baseband I337MVLUAMG1. I tried the "free sim unlock method" found on this forum, but it doesn't work. I cannot access service mode (*#0011#, Menu button, Back, Menu button, KEY INPUT, 1, OK).

Still searching for a stock rom that will have the service mode enabled...

r1tesh
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Dont waste your time looking for a free unlocking service..Pay 29.99 USD and have it umlocked from cellunlocker..you will be happier in the long run as i am..thank me for not wasting time unlocking for free..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

merledm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

any ideas?
I am having pretty much the same problems on my Telus/Koodo i337m. I recently updated to the most recent firmware (4.3) on the advise of cellunlocker because the code I was given was not working. None of the codes work and I can't even access the screens to do it manually. I have recently rooted it, props to Chainfire, but have no luck with most of the service screens. I'm still working with Cellunlocker to resolve the issue. I had access to all the service screens/menus on MDJ but not MG1 or MK6. Wondering if maybe the update missed some files or if the update locked some features. not sure if this is helpful but I'm happy to share whatever information I have to help others with the same problems.

mfreeman3769
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same here,

Bell with MK6. 3 sites provided same unlock codes. Nothing works, service menus different, etc.

Can't downgrade to 4.2.2 since image found crashed (bricks the phone). Image I found was at Sam Mobile

Apparently BELL will unlock it for 50$ but require original sales receipt, which I don't have (purchased phone on ebay)

mfreeman3769
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just paid BELL $57 to unlock, and their code is the same as all the sites... NOT WORKING !!!

I wanted them to give me the 1st 2 digits and last 2 digits so I can refuse before payment. But they insisted on pay first - code after - code by email. Luckly I had an employee of Bell at Bell Boutique confirm code not working.

I'm now on hold (1hr) to try see if they have another code?

Quote:

any ideas?

dcoulombe
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1tesh View Post
Dont waste your time looking for a free unlocking service..Pay 29.99 USD and have it umlocked from cellunlocker..you will be happier in the long run as i am..thank me for not wasting time unlocking for free..

I think you're right... I ended up buying a code from unlocksamsungonline.com for 29.71$ CAD with a coupon. Received the codes in 55 minutes. Hope it works...

mfreeman3769
Old
(Last edited by mfreeman3769; 16th December 2013 at 11:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
My provider Bell Canada, gave me the same codes as all these sites, and they don't work on 4.3. Looks like Samsung has a major BUG in 4.3 in regards to unlock. Bell says call Samsung ! Go figure!

Problem is that will take a while to fix, aka get it out to consumers....

Chatted with Samsung, they say call BELL !

WoW !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merledm View Post
I am having pretty much the same problems on my Telus/Koodo i337m. I recently updated to the most recent firmware (4.3) on the advise of cellunlocker because the code I was given was not working. None of the codes work and I can't even access the screens to do it manually. I have recently rooted it, props to Chainfire, but have no luck with most of the service screens. I'm still working with Cellunlocker to resolve the issue. I had access to all the service screens/menus on MDJ but not MG1 or MK6. Wondering if maybe the update missed some files or if the update locked some features. not sure if this is helpful but I'm happy to share whatever information I have to help others with the same problems.
[COLOR="Silver"]

Oncet
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

any ideas?
Are you sure your phone is locked to bell?
Did you try putting different simcard other then Bell? Did your phone ask for unlock code when you put the other carrier's sim?

kyrotech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1tesh View Post

this still doesn't work.
Paid and tried from 3 different sites, they all gave me the same exact code

I think that the update has locked the bootloader and anything else.
I was reading somewhere that Samsung may be blocking the sim unlock and forcing people to pay roaming fees

Well all I can say is that this has been a huge step backwards for Samsung (from my point of view) locking/blocking features, really is a major turn off for me.

I think its time to look at other options until someone from XDA figures this one out.