Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dock Mode without the Dock

OP jblaylock

16th December 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 31

322 posts
Is there a way to get the Atrix HD into Dock mode without buying the Moto dock? I'd like to use the dock mode while I'm at work, but I feel the price of the desk dock is a little too high for what I'll use it for. I'd like to have it (it looks nice) but can't justify spending that much. I read about an app Dockrunner, but it doesn't exist anymore. Any tips?
17th December 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

223 posts
More
Is $10 too much for the dock? Search Amazon for SJYN0914A.
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond12

Heck no, thanks a ton.

Sent from the PAC-MAXX on Tapatalk
18th December 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond

322 posts
Quote:

I ordered this, then realized it's for the razr maxx. It appears to be the same dock though, is it? Out does if work with the atrix hd?

18th December 2013, 06:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 54

223 posts
More
Yes, it's interesting they is no reference that they are the same part. Still, the official Atrix HD dock that I ordered, Motorola part number 89582N, has the SJYN0914A part number at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also, the Motorola part number for the Droid RAZR dock is 89527N, so I'm not sure what the SJYN0914A part number refers to. I also have a dock with the SJYN0916A part number at the bottom, which I guess is Motorola part number 89526N. This one has 3 USB ports in the back and I have confirmed that it works fine with the Atrix HD, which sees keyboard, mice and USB flash drives plugged in the USB ports. It's $18 at Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

Heck no, thanks a ton.

On a Pac-Man Rom does the doc feature still exist and how do you get to it?
18th December 2013, 05:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWofly

On a Pac-Man Rom does the doc feature still exist and how do you get to it?

Can't remember, I using 4.4 OSE right now
19th December 2013, 02:24 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaylock

Can't remember, I using 4.4 OSE right now

yeah ive searched and searched im almost certain its non existent in pacman.
20th December 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond

322 posts
Quote:

Yes, it's interesting they is no reference that they are the same part. Still, the official Atrix HD dock that I ordered, Motorola part number 89582N, has the SJYN0914A part number at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also, the Motorola part number for the Droid RAZR dock is 89527N, so I'm not sure what the SJYN0914A part number refers to. I also have a dock with the SJYN0916A part number at the bottom, which I guess is Motorola part number 89526N. This one has 3 USB ports in the back and I have confirmed that it works fine with the Atrix HD, which sees keyboard, mice and USB flash drives plugged in the USB ports. It's $18 at Amazon.

Just to follow up. This item works great. The charger does get the batter a little warm when charging. I suppose it's because it's a 1.5 charger.

I think the reason there is 2 part numbers is because the part# for the RAZR includes the extra plastic piece for that phone...that's my guess. Thanks for your help on this. I love this in my office!
3rd January 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond

322 posts
Quote:

Interesting thing happened today. The dock has been working fine, then suddenly it stopped putting my phone into dock mode. It still charges, but it's not daydreaming or anything else. Have you had any issue like this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread