Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from djolivier: It boots!

[S][MOD][LB] CyanogenMod 10 for locked bootloaders

Tip us?

Olivier
Old
(Last edited by Olivier; 2nd January 2014 at 10:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3188

DONATE TO ME
Default [S][MOD][LB] CyanogenMod 10 for locked bootloaders

This is CM10 for LB. If you want to check how it works, go here out. Though it's very unlikely to happen, I am not reponsible for bricked devices/whining children whatsoever.
You can get the mod, containing the latest commits and patches from here (*.zip) or here (*.tar.gz). I will also upload it here on XDA, but it may not always be up-to-date. Also feel free to contribute to my source, any help is appreciated.

Oh and since I don't have time to update this thread very often, I will not post a changelog. Though you can track my progress here.

VERY IMPORTANT: Do NOT flash this mod using CWM. Please follow the installation instructions given in the second post instead. If you want to flash it, go here.

Thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 10 for LB, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia S

Contributors
djolivier, atis112, letama

Version Information

Created 2013-12-16
Last Updated 2014-01-03
OmniROM/androidarmv6/PAC-ROM Maintainer

Devices I use(d): Orange Boston - HTC Wildfire S - Sony Xperia S -Sony Xperia Z
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Olivier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Olivier
Old
(Last edited by Olivier; 1st February 2014 at 06:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3188

DONATE TO ME
Default Installation instructions

Instructions:

Advanced users can use this instead.
  1. Step: Download (a) CM10(-based) ROM (which means other ROMs such as AOKP or PAC could work too)
  2. Step:
  3. Step:
    • Delete META-INF folder
    • Copy META-INF folder from my zip to the ROM.zip
  4. Step:
    • Copy lb-and-wifi folder from my zip to the ROM.zip
  5. Flash the modified ROM.zip like any other ROM

Happy flashing!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Olivier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spahbod
Old
Thanks Meter 51
hi.thx for ur works.
i have locked bootloader.what is bugs in this rom!?
im a amature! can u make a zip file ready for flash!?
thx

Olivier
Old
(Last edited by Olivier; 18th December 2013 at 08:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3188

DONATE TO ME
Hi, thanks for you interest. This ROM does not boot up (boot loop) as of now. Hence I would recommend not to flash this with a locked bootloader though since it's pointless (it is not going to boot and you cannot grab a proper log). That and installation instructions have already been stated one post above yours by the way.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olivier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Johannes-
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Hey Oliver,

I have an unlocked bl and some time in the weekend, I will try this and report back. Thanks for your hard work
My devices:

Xperia s & Nexus 7

You're from Germany and love Android? Visit us here!
The Following User Says Thank You to -Johannes- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rivas1981
Old
Thanks Meter 90
hi i just click the thanks button....pleaaaaaase help him, i have locked bootloader, and till now is the only way to keep my phone, or i will change it....pleaaaase save my phone LOL

Olivier
Old
Thanks Meter 3188

DONATE TO ME
Hello,
that's exactly why I have started this project, my phone has become boring. Thanks for your support!

Gesendet von meinem LT26i mit Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Olivier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tOrNadO™
Old
Thanks Meter 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by djolivier View Post
Hello,
that's exactly why I have started this project, my phone has become boring. Thanks for your support!

Gesendet von meinem LT26i mit Tapatalk
Bro, i have a suggestion.. Although this is also a very good idea of bringing CM10 for LB.. Why don't u try a AOSP 4.3/4.4? Fixing all present bugs in letama's 4.3 may be.. Or bringing a SONY UI for 4.3/4.4..??

"A friend in need is a friend indeed.." So press THANKS if someone helps u. They deserve it..

Olivier
Old
Thanks Meter 3188

DONATE TO ME
Hello my friend,
sorry for the late reply, I couldn't find the time to respond.
It might be possible, yes. But it's a lot of work. I chose CM10 because I find it's more likely to work with Stock 4.1.2 kernel than KitKat for example. I don't even know it will work. Many devs say that it's impossible to boot CyanogenMod/AOSP-based ROMs using Stock kernel, and this might be true. I will not give up so fast though, let's see how far we can come. Remember this project can't progress if nobody tries to get me a log (I haven't received a single log yet).

Thanks,
djolivier

tOrNadO™
Old
Thanks Meter 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by djolivier View Post
Hello my friend,
sorry for the late reply, I couldn't find the time to respond.
It might be possible, yes. But it's a lot of work. I chose CM10 because I find it's more likely to work with Stock 4.1.2 kernel than KitKat for example. I don't even know it will work. Many devs say that it's impossible to boot CyanogenMod/AOSP-based ROMs using Stock kernel, and this might be true. I will not give up so fast though, let's see how far we can come. Remember this project can't progress if nobody tries to get me a log (I haven't received a single log yet).

Thanks,
djolivier
I truely wish to help u out, but right now going through semester exams and i will see what i can do to help after new year.. Meanwhile @franklin93 Can u be a tester? Do u know how to take a logcat via adb from your pc? Will u be able to test djolivier's builds?

Sent from LT26i running eXistenZ UltrA HD

"A friend in need is a friend indeed.." So press THANKS if someone helps u. They deserve it..

The Following User Says Thank You to tOrNadO™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]