Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!

[RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-29 KK B03]

Tip us?

MicrosoftBug
Old
Thanks Meter 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Before I make a goober move I just want to verify that right now since the rom slots aren't working we should upgrade from 3.71 only if we want to install a kk rom in the stock slot. Is this correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yes.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
[Current Setup]
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Baseband: N900AUCUCNC2
ROM: Dynamic Kat v4.1
Theme: BoBCaT Theme KitKat v10
Mods: Xposed Framework
External SD: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card

[Old Setup]
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Modem: FL24
WiMAX: Latest
PRL: 21096
ROM: PAC-man v22.1.1 (In black, bitches!)
Theme: Who knows??
Mods: Exit_Only's GPS tweak
External SD: Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Card

wayne8821212
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Default Stock Rom Plus Slot 2 Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne8821212 View Post
3.72 for safestrap and as for Bobcat, Drakeys newest port at first and finally his first port...All is well with the first port. .. No reboots. Thanks! Donation coming later this morning.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can see that I have to read directions carefully at all times not just most times. I have UrDroid KitKat in stock position and BobCat in slot 2 (failure to read instruction about avoiding slots). Although the slot 2 rom (BobKat) acts normally, I have to pull battery to turn it off in order to reboot into recovery or even to power off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-03-08-23-36.png
Views:	311
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	2666156   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-03-08-16-58.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	2666157  

wayne8821212
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Default Donation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne8821212 View Post
3.72 for safestrap and as for Bobcat, Drakeys newest port at first and finally his first port...All is well with the first port. .. No reboots. Thanks! Donation coming later this morning.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
As promised, Transaction ID: 5LE37947606036314

Thanks for your hard work!
The Following User Says Thank You to wayne8821212 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MicrosoftBug
Old
Thanks Meter 943
Does anyone know the folder where SS installs to? I want to test out TWRP themes.

[Current Setup]
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Baseband: N900AUCUCNC2
ROM: Dynamic Kat v4.1
Theme: BoBCaT Theme KitKat v10
Mods: Xposed Framework
External SD: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card

[Old Setup]
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Modem: FL24
WiMAX: Latest
PRL: 21096
ROM: PAC-man v22.1.1 (In black, bitches!)
Theme: Who knows??
Mods: Exit_Only's GPS tweak
External SD: Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Card

wally3614
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrosoftBug View Post
Does anyone know the folder where SS installs to? I want to test out TWRP themes.

Internal Download folder

The Following User Says Thank You to wally3614 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uplift777
Old
(Last edited by uplift777; 3rd April 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Default Delete

delete

SnoopHogg
Old
(Last edited by SnoopHogg; 3rd April 2014 at 05:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
What filename did you use to install Safestrap? This sounds like it's regular TWRP for another device.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Hey... so i've been digging around. Found the filename of the .apk that i installed (Safestrap-HLTEATT-3.71.apk). I've tried removing it and re-installing, but i keep coming up with the same thing. I've attached a screenshot (of horrible quality ). I does say version is 2.6.3.1

For what it's worth... i am seeing the spashscreen on boot up.

What am I doing wrong you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20140403.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2666392  

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopHogg View Post
Hey... so i've been digging around. Found the filename of the .apk that i installed (Safestrap-HLTEATT-3.71.apk). I've tried removing it and re-installing, but i keep coming up with the same thing. I've attached a screenshot (of horrible quality ). I does say version is 2.6.3.1

For what it's worth... i am seeing the spashscreen on boot up.

What am I doing wrong you think?
That's very odd looking. I would try to re-download from here:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/note3/hlteatt/safestrap

Make sure to rename the file you have to something else to avoid confusion later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrosoftBug View Post

SS uses TWRP as a base recovery. Which means there should be a "TWRP" folder on the internal storage. Inside that folder is a "theme" folder (or should be).

So to use a theme, you need to place the .zip file (rename to ui.zip if needed) into TWRP/theme/ on the internal storage.

However, there are graphic elements in Safestrap which are not present in normal TWRP themes. So they aren't really compatible (missing high lighted buttons and some font color settings). You can use the /res/ folder from inside Safestrap recovery as a base for a theme if you wish to setup a new one.

The actual recovery files for Safestrap are installed to the stock ROM at: /system/etc/safestrap and then there's a duplicated system binary which acts as a hijack (can be different per device depending on what's needed). These files are temporarily backed up and restored when doing most destructive actions to the stock rom in Safestrap Recovery, such as restoring a backup, flashing a ROM or doing a wipe. However, while I do try and test those features, I'm going to do my best to get rom-slots back up and running so that users are in a safer place and always have the stock ROM as a safety net. While flashing to the stock ROM is all we have at the moment on KK builds.. it's not preferred IMHO. :P

Hope that helps.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wally3614
Old
(Last edited by wally3614; 3rd April 2014 at 10:49 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
SS uses TWRP as a base recovery. Which means there should be a "TWRP" folder on the internal storage. Inside that folder is a "theme" folder (or should be).

So to use a theme, you need to place the .zip file (rename to ui.zip if needed) into TWRP/theme/ on the internal storage.

However, there are graphic elements in Safestrap which are not present in normal TWRP themes. So they aren't really compatible (missing high lighted buttons and some font color settings). You can use the /res/ folder from inside Safestrap recovery as a base for a theme if you wish to setup a new one.

The actual recovery files for Safestrap are installed to the stock ROM at: /system/etc/safestrap and then there's a duplicated system binary which acts as a hijack (can be different per device depending on what's needed). These files are temporarily backed up and restored when doing most destructive actions to the stock rom in Safestrap Recovery, such as restoring a backup, flashing a ROM or doing a wipe. However, while I do try and test those features, I'm going to do my best to get rom-slots back up and running so that users are in a safer place and always have the stock ROM as a safety net. While flashing to the stock ROM is all we have at the moment on KK builds.. it's not preferred IMHO. :P

Hope that helps.
Has anyone had any issues as far as pushing just a single apk with the phone boot looping?

ALSO I was going to themes safestrap for my personal use and if @Hashcode does not mind I will make a couple of different themes and post them here?