XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Succulent's 10.0 dated 12/31 saved my Nook's life

Tip us?

pepi4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up Succulent's 10.0 dated 12/31 saved my Nook's life

My Nook has been around a lot with new OS's. I've always had some problem with CM7 10.1 ... Finally I tried Succulent's 10.0 dated 12/31 and I have a very well behaved Nook. No WiFi problems. No more problems with battery drain. I'm DONE. Thanks to the developers

asawi
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Yep! I still keep the Tablets in trhe Family on Succulents 1231 CM10 build. Super stable! I see no reason to "upgrade". I like to experiment so I' have tried other builds, but none of them give me anything I want that isn't in this "old" build.

I am filled with admiration for all the developers though. They do such amazing work!

pepi4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by asawi View Post
Yep! I still keep the Tablets in trhe Family on Succulents 1231 CM10 build. Super stable! I see no reason to "upgrade". I like to experiment so I' have tried other builds, but none of them give me anything I want that isn't in this "old" build.

I am filled with admiration for all the developers though. They do such amazing work!
I've only found one problem with this build. Sometimes I will be in the middle of working and my tablet will shutdown and reboot. It's not a full reboot though? I've also had WIFI dropping but this can be fixed by taking a WIFI lock in the command program

asawi
Old
Thanks Meter 121
I haven't had one single unwanted reboot in the year I've had it installed. Go figure! Can't say I've noticed any wifi problems either, but then wifi here is not as reliable as I'd want so maybe I just took for granted it was the wifi in the house acting up when it may have been the Tablet.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk 4

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi4 View Post
I've only found one problem with this build. Sometimes I will be in the middle of working and my tablet will shutdown and reboot. It's not a full reboot though? I've also had WIFI dropping but this can be fixed by taking a WIFI lock in the command program
I had one "spontaneous reboot" incident in all the 10 months on Succulent's 10.0 12/31 builds, compared a few incidents a month with 10.1 and 10.2. No WiFi issue whatsoever.

FWIW I am running CM11 M2 snapshot at the moment, it's not bug free but its performance is surprisingly quite snappy.

pepi4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax View Post
I had one "spontaneous reboot" incident in all the 10 months on Succulent's 10.0 12/31 builds, compared a few incidents a month with 10.1 and 10.2. No WiFi issue whatsoever.

FWIW I am running CM11 M2 snapshot at the moment, it's not bug free but its performance is surprisingly quite snappy.
Dig ... You are giving me GAS Sounds like a fun project since I'm snowed in.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Dig ... You are giving me GAS Sounds like a fun project since I'm snowed in.
Just use recovery to back up your current CM10.0 before flashing CM11, that way you can revert back to CM10.0 if need be without any sweat.

To flash CM11, you'll need to use CWM 6.0.4.5 (or TWRP 2.6.3.1) or later version; see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=105 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=8 on how to create flashable recovery zip to update recovery in emmc.

Be aware that CM11 sometimes randomly fails to boot (or reboot), see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=131, so don't panic and give up if it fails to boot first time after installation.

pepi4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I flashe CM11 and it seem to run great. Only problem is ... I can't load a lot of my application from the Play Store. When I try to install I get this error message. "my device isn't compatible". Some will install and others won't?

pepi4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Went back to 10.0 CM11 has that awful low battery poltergeist thing. Get down to 20n percent battery and the ghost takes over. 10.0 doesnt do this

PepeladZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
My Nook has been around a lot with new OS's. I've always had some problem with CM7 10.1 ... Finally I tried Succulent's 10.0 dated 12/31 and I have a very well behaved Nook. No WiFi problems. No more problems with battery drain. I'm DONE. Thanks to the developers
Could you share a link to this nice build? Searched and could not find straight answer to where it is. Thanks in advance.