- Flashtool 0.9.13 by @Androxyde
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 BETA or newer.
- Current rooted FW version: 14.1.G.1.534 and 14.1.G.2.257 .
- SuperSU integrated in system, FULL ROOT!
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.71 BETA (CWM & PhilZ Touch & TWRP) pre-installed;
- init.d support (read how to enable)
- For both locked and unlocked bootloaders!
In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.
If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!
How to update to 14.2.A.0.290:
- If you attempted this before, make sure you delete XZDR.prop from the XZDualRecovery folder to make sure it will not cause a bootloop.
- For C6902: Download C6902_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 905MB) and C6902_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6903: Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 784MB) and C6903_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6906: Download C6906_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 849MB) and C6906_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6943: Download C6943_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 863MB) and C6943_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
- Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
- Install XZDualRecovery 2.7.74 or newer from PC.
- In TWRP -> Wipe -> advanced Wipe Tick/Check:
- Flash 'C69XX_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip' in TWRP (if you have an old C6903 flashable package, be sure to flash the patch from post 2 now!)
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
- Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf';
- Now reboot to system;
- Once you get to the language select screen, reboot to TWRP (no need to finish the guide);
- Restore the backup of DATA only, when done go back to the TWRP home screen;
- In TWRP -> Wipe -> advanced Wipe Tick/Check Dalvik-cache;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot will be slow and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.
NOTE: This guide is based on an older guide which has since been updated a few times, but it will give you a general idea.
Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.
How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
- Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
- Root it using any means you are familiar with.
- Install XZDualRecovery and then try to update again using TWRP.
- If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.
[STOCK][C69XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.0.290 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][16/1/2014], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.1.G.1.534 and 14.1.G.2.257
Based On: STOCK
Current Beta Version: 16/1/2014
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-16
Last Updated 2014-01-16