5,597,762 Members 36,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Newsstand Failed to Install (110 error)

Tip us?

BaSingSe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Google Play Newsstand Failed to Install (110 error)

This is a clean Nexus 7 first gen. It is unlocked and rooted.

The Google Play Magazine used to work well under 4.3. Then the Play Newsstand came out and I believe it worked too. With Android 4.4, the Play Magazine tried to update itself several times. But the program was very buggy. I had to manually uninstalled the Play Newsstand down to Play Magazine.

Then finally the upgrade program blew up. It took the Play Magazine app with it and replaced with an Android icon. The Play Magazine app is gone.

I tried to re-install Play Newsstand from Google Store and it failed. I got "110" unknown error (unknown error code during application install: -110). Tried to manually install the Play Magazine 1.0 and 2.0 apks, both failed. Tried again the Play Newsstand 3.0 apk and it says "app not installed".

Tried to use WugFresh Nexus toolkit to install the apk, still not working.

What is wrong with this?

It is not that I really need this app, but I just wonder what is going and what is wrong, and how to fix it.

Thx.
SGH-I337 UCUAMDL
SGH-I747 4.1.2
SCH-I535 Hard-bricked
SCH-I545 Soft-bricked --> Hard-bricked

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
I think u have removed some part of the framework with the app hence the android icon. Cos when i remove app ot just goes away. U might need to flash ur rom again. Just reflash no need to wipe any thing and it should replace every thin back to normal.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes. English is not my native language.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

BaSingSe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Restored the 4.4.2 factory image and restore all data. It works fine now. Do not know what happened. It appears a lot of people have 110 problems installing some apps....
SGH-I337 UCUAMDL
SGH-I747 4.1.2
SCH-I535 Hard-bricked
SCH-I545 Soft-bricked --> Hard-bricked