5,605,311 Members 38,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone want to help with Google Wallet and NXP?

Tip us?

abuttino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Default Anyone want to help with Google Wallet and NXP?

If you may or may not know, AOSP didn't get the NXP HCE controller driver so we can use Google wallet with Roms such as cm11.

As far as I've read, decompilation of JNI CPP files for the NFC stack is needed.

I've tried to drum up effort elsewhere to no avail. Hopefully someone here wants wallet to work on all ROMs.. Tomorrow I'll start a dev project and hope people can contribute.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 176
I'm running gummy Rom (AOSP) on my s4. I'm not a developer but can help with testing or pulling files off. Let me know how I can help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

abuttino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Unfortunately, the s4 has a broadcomm chip and the information is there for that.

If you can help with the decompiling, that still would be awesome

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23432

DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately, decompiling JNI stuff requires some VERY expensive tools (Hex-Rays Decompiler for ARM is a few thousand dollars)

I do happen to know someone who owns such tools, so they MIGHT be able to help, although unfortunately, the nature of decompiled native code is that it is often a MASSIVE nightmare to read. (This is why, for example, there still isn't decent AOSP hwcomposer support for Samsung Exynos4 - we've fed blobs to a guy with hex-rays but the result is a massive convoluted near-unreadable nightmare.)
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

abuttino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Well, if you can get your people to decompile it, at least we can hand it off to the next person that might be able to make some sense out of it.

I have the files posted in the devdb project on this forum.

If needed, I'll see what Dan Rosenberg says, once we have something for him to look at.

Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it, and hopefully the community with 4.4 ROMs and aosp with NXP do to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk