5,599,190 Members 35,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 64gb class 6 card for Xperia Play?

Tip us?
 
imamaniac
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] 64gb class 6 card for Xperia Play?

Hi, can someone please tell me if a SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Memory Card with SD Adapter will work with my Xperia Play? The one im considering is Class 6. Also, how does the Xperia Play handle class 6 cards? I have read differing opinions on the class of card to go far, with a class 10 card deemed to probably be too much for the xperia play to handle. I think class 4 was recommended but how would a class 6 card fare in the Xperia Play?
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#2  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1460
Posts: 3,466
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by imamaniac View Post
Hi, can someone please tell me if a SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Memory Card with SD Adapter will work with my Xperia Play? The one im considering is Class 6. Also, how does the Xperia Play handle class 6 cards? I have read differing opinions on the class of card to go far, with a class 10 card deemed to probably be too much for the xperia play to handle. I think class 4 was recommended but how would a class 6 card fare in the Xperia Play?

Hello, yes it has been mentioned repeatedly in several thread that the 64gb sandisk card works in the Xperia PLAY. Although I have moved in to a Nexus 5, I have in my PLAY a 64gb card for the last two years and it works great.

If you have a question please try to do a search in XDA xperia play first before making a new thread. As this will minimize duplicate Q&A threads, thank you.

Edit - in preparation, format the card in your PC as Fat32. Or format from your phone from CWM recovery
 
imamaniac
Old
(Last edited by imamaniac; 21st December 2013 at 08:52 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1 View Post
Hello, yes it has been mentioned repeatedly in several thread that the 64gb sandisk card works in the Xperia PLAY. Although I have moved in to a Nexus 5, I have in my PLAY a 64gb card for the last two years and it works great.

If you have a question please try to do a search in XDA xperia play first before making a new thread. As this will minimize duplicate Q&A threads, thank you.

Edit - in preparation, format the card in your PC as Fat32. Or format from your phone from CWM recovery
Thanks. What class card do you use? Do you know how well a class 6 card would perform in the Xperia Play? Would something lower like maybe a class 4 card perform better?
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#4  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1460
Posts: 3,466
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by imamaniac View Post
Thanks. What class card do you use? Do you know how well a class 6 card would perform in the Xperia Play? Would something lower like maybe a class 4 card perform better?
I would highly recommend class 6. Its the best all around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes