XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I think I messed something up

Tip us?

makopolo2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I think I messed something up

Hey guys I've bee trying to get cynogenmod working on my lg g2. Before I get to the details about the problem, some specifics about my phone. It is an att model d800. I got the phone rooted properly and the next step was to install clockworkmod recovery. I had a lot of problems with this step. For some reason I could not get into clockworkmod recovery after it was flashed to the device. Someone on irc pointed me in the direction of an app called freegee that does the job for you. So I tried the app and it did work for me. I booted to clockworkmod and I tried to get out of it by choosing the reboot choice. But since then the phone has been flashing the lg screen. I don't really know what to do or what I might have messed up.

Please help?

makopolo2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

I'm able to get into cwm recovery but I don't know what to do from there. After plugging it into my pc, it's not really recognizing it. Windows device manager shows me an error under LG-D800 stating that the drivers for this device are not installed. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it didn't change anything.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Can you get into download mode? If so, you should be able to flash the phone back to stock. Granted, you'll wipe the phone clean in the process, but that's preferable to having a glowing brick right?

Anyway if you Google "flash G2 to stock", the first result should be an XDA thread dedicated to helping you out with the entire process.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
The Following User Says Thank You to Vepaot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

makopolo2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
Can you get into download mode? If so, you should be able to flash the phone back to stock. Granted, you'll wipe the phone clean in the process, but that's preferable to having a glowing brick right?

Anyway if you Google "flash G2 to stock", the first result should be an XDA thread dedicated to helping you out with the entire process.

Thank you! Yes this worked. I flashed the G2 back to stock. Now to start all over again.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Awesome, glad to hear it man.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD