XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 teardown iFixit

Tip us?

s1imch4anc3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default LG G2 teardown iFixit

For all the DIY'rs and repair guys I used my G2 to make a teardown guide on iFixit its similar to the one i made for the Nitro HD (P930) its pretty simple with patience and steady hands to replace anything on it just take a look at the guide hope it helps sopmeone in the future.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/LG+G2+Teardown/20485
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to s1imch4anc3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kashk5
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Why did you decide to start opening the back cover from the bottom right of the phone? Looking at guides for taking off the back cover on the Verizon/International version, everyone seems to start from the SIM tray slot. Is there something about the AT&T version that prevents opening the back cover from the tray? Based on your pictures, opening from the corner caused some cosmetic damage.
AT&T LG G2

s1imch4anc3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashk5 View Post
Why did you decide to start opening the back cover from the bottom right of the phone? Looking at guides for taking off the back cover on the Verizon/International version, everyone seems to start from the SIM tray slot.
Thats where i tried to start but going in from there seemed to put stress on the plastic so trying to save its condition i poked around the seam until i found the corner was willing to come open with ease

kashk5
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Overall it's a great guide, but a lot of the pictures are really blurry. No offense, but in a delicate breakdown, the pictures should have been crisp and clear.
AT&T LG G2

s1imch4anc3
Old
(Last edited by s1imch4anc3; 19th December 2013 at 01:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashk5 View Post
Overall it's a great guide, but a lot of the pictures are really blurry. No offense, but in a delicate breakdown, the pictures should have been crisp and clear.
Yea i was disappointed with the pics myself but i did it at 3am just not being able to sleep and used my sisters s3 for the pics holding tools, parts, and a phone are kinda difficult but i think it gets the point across if i was going to make a guide like the ifixit team i would have setup my nikon and removed all the emi shields and pointed out the chipsets and everything
Tags
teardown guide