Gear Manager Downloads

Search This thread

cipylyca

Mar 27, 2015
Botosani
Thanks, you are a Rock Star! I followed your instructions and got my M7 working. I'm getting incoming calls but I don't seem to be getting other notifications. I have notification access activated on the phone, so that's not it. Are you getting notifications?
Yes I get all the notifications. I can receive and initiate calls and receive SMS.
I can't see te call log and I can't send SMS from the watch, but I am happy with what I have currently :)

trondjl

May 27, 2007
I tried installing a older version of the gear, but the moment I opened it , it asks to be updated which if I cancell doesn't allow the app to be opened .any ideas how to stop that

What works for me is to download version 2.214112899 from here and install this over my working 2.1 versjon while still offline. But say no to all the extra modules that it asks to install. Then it thinks its on a 2.2 version and the icon changes, but it is still mainly on 2.1, working and never asks again :).
Be sure gear manager is in data/app or else i think it will force install those extra apks anyways whithout asking and it stops working. ..

theone_2708

Apr 9, 2015
Fixed it :D
I installed all files again (latest version) except host manager.
After I opened Gear manager when tries to install Host manager I pressed home button and went to my file manager and installed Host Manager 2.2.14100299, then come back to gear manager and pressed cancel on installing Host manager, and after I wait few seconds it asked me to accept the terms and then everithing worked great.
Thanks again.

Hello, i am new here and i am sorry because my english ist not so good :( .
I want to do this with my HTC M8 (5.0.2 Stock, Root) and with the Gear2 Neo. I used version 2.2.15022599 of gearmanager and the Hostmanager (all files in the folder from the downloadpage was isnatlled) crashs, than i used Hostmanager 2.2.14.100299 and Gear 2.2.15022599 and it crashs again. With othe Hostmanager and Gearmanager versions crashs the Hostmanager again. The Gear Manager Stub (lollipop) is in the system/apps folder and was installed. can anyone help my and tell me what versions are working or a step by step tutorial. I try the insatallation of the Hostmanager bevore and after I start the Gearsoftware.

The Buildprob fole was also change for Samsung device GT-I9500.
Thankyou for your help

Last edited:

htcoveblue

Oct 12, 2007
Kissimmee, FL
Yes I get all the notifications. I can receive and initiate calls and receive SMS.
I can't see te call log and I can't send SMS from the watch, but I am happy with what I have currently :)

I can't seem to get there. Would you be willing to provide which steps you took? Did you use GearManagerStub.apk? Which one? Where did you put it? Did you change notifications? Install it?
I used the Lollipop GearManagerStub.apk and put it in the System/App folder and changed permissions. It wouldn't install and it wouldn't stay there after a reboot.

I installed all 15 apps from 2.2.15022599 except HostManager. I used the version you suggested. I didn't do anything with Build Prop.

I can receive calls but I'm not getting any notifications. Any ideas? Also, can anyone access the Gear App Store? Mine isn't showing so I only have access to the included apps.

theone_2708

Apr 9, 2015
Hello,
i tryed different versions of the Gearmanager (older version do not connect to the gear 2 and show an update, was not completed) and the hostmanager crash if the whtach ist connecting and the connecting was not succesfull.
My ways i do on andrid 5.0.2 with HTC one M8 Stock without branding
0. download all files 2.2.15022599
1. copy GearmanagerStub.apk to system/apps -->with root
2. rebbot phone and the Gearmanger was installed automatik
3. Install all apks without Hostmanager.apk and at last the GearManager. the saproviders 2.0.434.apk(what do this file) from the donwload folder crashs after installing.
4. reboot
5. start Gearmanger and paar the gaer 2, then when it try to install the Hostmanager i went to the file from this page and istall this.
6. back at GearManager the host manager crashs now. and crash again and again. no conction to the gear. :rolleyes:
are this steps correct?

This was my way i did and nothig is happen, so i downgrade my phone to Android 4.4.4 install this files again in this order and aftter a crash from saproviders.apk (crashs after every reboot), i install it again and reboot the wahtch, my gear works with notifications. but only on Andrid 4.4.4 :(
I think andrid 5 shows "cooler" on my phone, but the gear does not work with this. so i use 4.4.4. When you have an idea what i can do please help me.

Last edited:

cipylyca

Mar 27, 2015
Botosani
I can't seem to get there. Would you be willing to provide which steps you took? Did you use GearManagerStub.apk? Which one? Where did you put it? Did you change notifications? Install it?
I used the Lollipop GearManagerStub.apk and put it in the System/App folder and changed permissions. It wouldn't install and it wouldn't stay there after a reboot.

I installed all 15 apps from 2.2.15022599 except HostManager. I used the version you suggested. I didn't do anything with Build Prop.

I can receive calls but I'm not getting any notifications. Any ideas? Also, can anyone access the Gear App Store? Mine isn't showing so I only have access to the included apps.
No I didnt installed GearManagerStub.apk. First I deleted all the files that previously was installed on phone from gear manager (settings-apps-delete everithing related to samsung gear), then I installed all the files from latest version of Gear Manager without Host manager and I installed last the gear manager app.
Then I open the gear manager and connect to the watch, when tries to install host manager press home go to your file explorer and install host manager 2.2.14100299, then come back to gear manager (double tap on home button) and press cancel on installing the host manager, wait and it should ask you to accept the terms. After the watch is connected select all the apps at notifications. And that was all for me.;)

Reactions: theone_2708

theone_2708

Apr 9, 2015
Update:IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 5 WITH HTC ONE M8
I found my problem and now the Gear 2 Neo works with the One M8 on Android 5 with Notifications. The first prpoblem was the i have change the build.prob, so the Hostmanager crash everytime. The Second thing: Do not install the GearManagerstub.apk and use the latest Gearmanager with all files but without Hostmanager. When the Gear is conncting and the GearManager wants to install the Hostmanager, install the Hostmanager 2.2.14100299 manually. After that went back to the GearManager puth the back Button and the Watch is connectin after a crash of Two apps. Activate the notifications in GearManager and under Phone Settings (by me -> no Notifications). Then I restart both devices und install the crashed apps again, and after few secound I become Notifications from all apps.

Thank you cipylyca for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Owerwriter15

aeroxr1

Oct 11, 2012
Hi !

I have a galaxy gear s and galaxy nexus with android lollipop.

I have downloaded the 2.2.15022 but I don't understand what I have to do to install the gearmanager.

On mediafire I see the gearmanager folder and inside it there are two folder :
downloaded and extracted.

What I have to do ? :confused:

Owerwriter15

Aug 13, 2014
Update:IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 5 WITH HTC ONE M8
I found my problem and now the Gear 2 Neo works with the One M8 on Android 5 with Notifications. The first prpoblem was the i have change the build.prob, so the Hostmanager crash everytime. The Second thing: Do not install the GearManagerstub.apk and use the latest Gearmanager with all files but without Hostmanager. When the Gear is conncting and the GearManager wants to install the Hostmanager, install the Hostmanager 2.2.14100299 manually. After that went back to the GearManager puth the back Button and the Watch is connectin after a crash of Two apps. Activate the notifications in GearManager and under Phone Settings (by me -> no Notifications). Then I restart both devices und install the crashed apps again, and after few secound I become Notifications from all apps.

Thank you cipylyca for your help!

Thank you very much
Work also for m7

qverk

Jan 3, 2013
Next step: Apps

Hey!

I wanted to thank cipylyca for his method; now I can finally use my gear again (Original galaxy gear, Nexus 5)
I cannot install apps though, and I was thinking of trying some of the older framework apk's to see if it would help, as an older hostmanager helped in connecting it.

Does anyone know which of the frameworks (In the extra apk's) are responsible for transferring files to the gear?

Appreciate any help.

mr8th

Mar 6, 2014
Gear Manager latest version working w/ Lollipop CM12S OnePlus One (Gear 1)

I finally made the Gear Manager (latest version) working with my non-touchwiz device, running Lollipop 5.0.1 CM12S (Oneplus One). Using my Gear 1 (with TizenMOD) I didn't realize that upgrading from KitKat to Lollipop will turn my Gear 1 into a Dumbwatch! I should have read through this forum earlier!

Anyway, there is a way to make it run under CM12S again: everything works the same way as under KitKat, including notifications, Sync pictures & audio from the Gear to the phone, taking calls and installing 3rd party apps on the Gear. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any step-by-step guide, as it was more a trial and error way that eventually worked out. But I guess, you could give it a try !

Basically, it's a installation of the latest Gear Manager 2.2.15022599 but using older versions from saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager APKs. You'll all find these versions in the 1st post from Brendo (mediafire).

Here are the version that I have installed and running on my device:
  • Connection Manager 0.9.66
  • Gear Plugin 2.2.15022599
  • Gear software update 2.141213.2191
  • Gear Module 2.2.15022599
  • goproviders 2.0.434
  • HostManager 2.2.14100299
  • NSyncProvider 1.022
  • Samsung Accessory Service 2.15.97
  • Samsung Gear 2.2.15022599
  • SANotiProvider 1.0.9.45
  • saproviders 2.0.87
  • SASystemProviders 2.3.26
  • svoiceprovider 1.0.3
  • TextTemplateProvider 2.5.0

The GearManagerStub.apk is not required.
Quick Installation guide (please read in more detail here in this forum):
  1. Download 2.2.15022599 APK File from Brendo Mediafire
  2. Rename APK to ZIP file
  3. Open ZIP File in ES File Explorer, navigate to assets > GearModuleApk
  4. Install all APKs manually (not all will work, never mind)
  5. Older APKs might have a different tree structure (assets > preInstallApks // Gear2Apks
  6. Do a 2nd run with installing all APK again (especially when there are new access rights requested by app!)
  7. When all APKs from the ZIP file are installed, rename file back to ".apk"
  8. Install the main APK
  9. When searching for devices, tap the watch icon on the Gear about 30 times. you'll get a message "press BT within 3 sec.." Then immediately, try to connect the Gear Manager with the Gear
  10. Then, the Gear Manager wanted to install (a newer Host Manager). Do not click OK. Instead, I installed the older Host Manager (version see above) manually, then clicked Cancel/not install.
  11. After a few seconds, the licence agreement pops up - you're done

I remember that I had big problems with the goprovider.apk and the saprovider.apk. They crashed every second (!), and I needed to deinstall them. Using an older version finally helped! Surprise, even the SMS reply with TextTemplates seems to work fine! The Weather app and the S-Voice is not working. Hope, this will work for you as well! Let me know, if something is unclear - Good Luck!

mr8th

Mar 6, 2014
Great! You need to go into your phones setting, notification manager, Message access, then enable Gear Manager. Also, in Gear Manager you need to choose the apps which notifications you'd like to see on the Gear

shpitz461

Aug 25, 2007
Acworth, GA
I finally made the Gear Manager (latest version) working with my non-touchwiz device, running Lollipop 5.0.1 CM12S (Oneplus One). Using my Gear 1 (with TizenMOD) I didn't realize that upgrading from KitKat to Lollipop will turn my Gear 1 into a Dumbwatch! I should have read through this forum earlier!

Anyway, there is a way to make it run under CM12S again: everything works the same way as under KitKat, including notifications, Sync pictures & audio from the Gear to the phone, taking calls and installing 3rd party apps on the Gear. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any step-by-step guide, as it was more a trial and error way that eventually worked out. But I guess, you could give it a try !

Basically, it's a installation of the latest Gear Manager 2.2.15022599 but using older versions from saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager APKs. You'll all find these versions in the 1st post from Brendo (mediafire).

Could you create a zip with all necessary files? Trying to connect a Gear1 to an HTC M7 on LP, bluetooth pairs, but Gear Manager is never able to connect, it just shows a spinning wheel...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is to keep track of Gear Manager updates

Latest official version
    Gear Manager: v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14100299 (Gear 2)

Gear Manager versions available
    v1.2.131013
    v1.4.102504
    v1.4.102802
    v1.5.111304
    v1.5.120601
    v1.5.120903
    v1.5.121601
    v1.5.123002
    v1.6.111801
    v1.6.131003
    v1.6.132701
    v1.7.031004 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14031004 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.040401 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14040401 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.041404 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14040404 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.042803 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14042803 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.052101 (Gear 1) | v2.1.14052101 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.062401 (Gear 1) | v2.1.14062401 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.1.14071502 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14090599 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14092299 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14100299 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14110499 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14112899 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14120405 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.15011799 (Gear 2)
    v1.8.022599 (Gear 1) | v2.2.15022599 (Gear 2)

From v1.7 onwards, GM has 2 version numbers in the same apk as it includes the files to connect both original Gear and Gear 2. v2 is also used if running Tizen on original Gear

Download
    You can download the installer (and secondary apks) here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7h23e12rzesi/Gear_Manager

v2.2.15022599 includes all the apks that GearManger attempts to download. I'd suggest installing all of these before installing main GearManager apk. You'll notice there are 2 plugin apks. Gear Plugin is for newer devices (Gear 2/Neo), Gear1 Plugin for original Galaxy Gear

Notable changes
    Expanded notifications
    Exchange Email blocked in US
    Exchange Email unblocked in US

v1.5.121601
    Very buggy - suggest not installing

v1.6.111801
    Leak. Support for ML1. Exchange email body blocked gm1.6 plus ml1

v1.6.131003
    Leak. Support for NA3. Support for KitKat

v1.7.031004
    Leak. From Galaxy S5 stock rom

Other devices
    As of yet, it is not possible to get Gear working fully without a Samsung device running 4.3 TouchWiz rom
    To install on other devices, make sure you put GearMangerStub.apk in system/app. Then you can install GearManager and the secondary apps (music and weather won't install without dedicated samsung apps also on your device). You will not get notifications and it is very limited, but it connects
    Suspect the issue is related to tight integration with TouchWiz framework and Samsung apps

GEAR FIT MANAGER
    Gear Manager latest version working w/ Lollipop CM12S OnePlus One (Gear 1)

Here are the version that I have installed and running on my device:
    • Connection Manager 0.9.66
    • Gear Plugin 2.2.15022599
    • Gear software update 2.141213.2191
    • Gear Module 2.2.15022599
    • goproviders 2.0.434
    • HostManager 2.2.14100299
    • NSyncProvider 1.022
    • Samsung Accessory Service 2.15.97
    • Samsung Gear 2.2.15022599
    • SANotiProvider 1.0.9.45
    • saproviders 2.0.87
    • SASystemProviders 2.3.26
    • svoiceprovider 1.0.3
    • TextTemplateProvider 2.5.0

The GearManagerStub.apk is not required.
    Quick Installation guide (please read in more detail here in this forum):
    1. Download 2.2.15022599 APK File from Brendo Mediafire
    2. Rename APK to ZIP file
    3. Open ZIP File in ES File Explorer, navigate to assets > GearModuleApk
    4. Install all APKs manually (not all will work, never mind)
    5. Older APKs might have a different tree structure (assets > preInstallApks // Gear2Apks
    6. Do a 2nd run with installing all APK again (especially when there are new access rights requested by app!)
    7. When all APKs from the ZIP file are installed, rename file back to ".apk"
    8. Install the main APK
    9. When searching for devices, tap the watch icon on the Gear about 30 times. you'll get a message "press BT within 3 sec.." Then immediately, try to connect the Gear Manager with the Gear
    10. Then, the Gear Manager wanted to install (a newer Host Manager). Do not click OK. Instead, I installed the older Host Manager (version see above) manually, then clicked Cancel/not install.
    11. After a few seconds, the licence agreement pops up - you're done

I remember that I had big problems with the goprovider.apk and the saprovider.apk. They crashed every second (!), and I needed to deinstall them. Using an older version finally helped! Surprise, even the SMS reply with TextTemplates seems to work fine! The Weather app and the S-Voice is not working. Hope, this will work for you as well! Let me know, if something is unclear - Good Luck!
    I solved saprovider repeatedly (Force Close) by going into Titianium Backup on my phone and clearing it's data.

Now to figure out when/why/how S-Voice No longer connects via watch to phone. I swear it worked before this update. :silly:

I tried this and it did stop popping up but I couldn't get my watch to notify me when I got a message and it ended up coming back and wouldn't go away again

I HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE.
    ppgrading to new firmware on watch. Restoring a stock ROM. Clearing cache, reboot ect. None of this worked.
    All I did was back up the last version of saproviders that worked.2.0.088

I uninstalled 2.0.244(newest) saproviders and installed the older version of saprovider and it works flawlessly!

I've uploaded the apk to my drop box.(hope this is allowed)

Hope it helps everyone with this issue.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f146memsq...ung.accessory.saproviders-88-v2.0.88.apk?dl=0
    Latest v2.2.16070451 uploaded
    do anybody know where the gear backups are saved on the phone ? I think it is causing some problem with mine to finish the pairing association ...
    It's a hidden folder on internal storage
    .BManager_backup