Root MMX A116 CHD (MTK6589) using Motochopper (with latest SU v1.86)
The Motochopper is tested and working with various devices other than Motorola, one is Micromax A116 Canvas HD that is in the list.
The Motochopper is the work of Dan Rosenberg, @djrbliss
and original thread is :-
If you wish to donate, use the "Paypal" link below, as that leads to him.
However, the procedure and links are already on XDA and other sites, but I seen at several places that users getting problems during updating SU binaries. Therefore, I replaced the superuser with latest available on Play Store i.e. v1.86 and uploaded it again to share here.
Download the package from here :-
Step by step procedure :-
1. Install Drivers for your device
2. if you are on Android 4.1.2 then goto Settings>Developer Options>Now tick "USB debugging"
- but if you are on Android 4.2.1 then goto Settings > About phone.
Then move on to Build number option, Tap on Build number repeatedly 7 times.
Now go back to Settings>Developer Options>Now tick "USB debugging"
3. After installing driers and enabled the developers options, connect your device to PC / Laptop
4. Run "run.bat" [on windows 7/8 run as as administrator (right click on run.bat and chose "Rus as Administrator")]
5. Wait for the process to finish. Once it is done it will say "Exploit Complete"
6. Hit enter (when ask) so that your Phone Reboots.
Once rebooted, you should see "SuperSU" in your App Drawer.
This will root MMX A116 CHD.
Enjoy rooting !!!!!
Hit Thanks if I Helped ......
No Thanks Limit On XDA ..........
It Takes Many Efforts To Write And Post On XDA..Hitting Thanks Just Take a Second.....
So Don't Forget To Hit Thanks