XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash German Stock Rom on French device

Tip us?

playitlikegabo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flash German Stock Rom on French device

Hello, I want to flash the German stock Rom on my french n9005. I don't have root and the device is completely stock.
The reason why I want to change to German stock is that the camera shut sound cannot be disabled in the french Rom without rooting the phone which would void my warranty.

As I have never flashed a Rom, what do I need to do?

Am I right that by replacing the stock rom with another one I won't lose warranty (because the internal counter will not be affected)?
Thanks in advance!

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Just flash it, no warranty affected

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playitlikegabo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Just flash it, no warranty affected

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
Could you please tell me which software I need to flash it? Where can I get the German Stock Rom?
Will I be able to get OTA updates with the new Rom (just like it was a German device)?

Max One
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442760
The Following User Says Thank You to Max One For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mikegrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by playitlikegabo View Post
Hello, I want to flash the German stock Rom on my french n9005. I don't have root and the device is completely stock.
The reason why I want to change to German stock is that the camera shut sound cannot be disabled in the french Rom without rooting the phone which would void my warranty.

As I have never flashed a Rom, what do I need to do?

Am I right that by replacing the stock rom with another one I won't lose warranty (because the internal counter will not be affected)?
Thanks in advance!
Better try another ROM than German. My German stock ROM didn't have the option to disable shutter sound.
I'm rooted, so I chose xposed framework and wanam to disable system sounds (also the boot sound).
I think most EU ROMs won't let you disable the shutter sound.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikegrmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playitlikegabo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegrmn View Post
Better try another ROM than German. My German stock ROM didn't have the option to disable shutter sound.
I'm rooted, so I chose xposed framework and wanam to disable system sounds (also the boot sound).
I think most EU ROMs won't let you disable the shutter sound.
I flashed the UK ROM because i read somewhere that the option is available there, but it isn't. I did a factory reset and then the language was french again, although i the code *#1234# is showing that i have the UK firmware now.

Does someone know which stock rom does have the feature to disable camera shutter sound?

Thanks in advance

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Quote:
I flashed the UK ROM because i read somewhere that the option is available there, but it isn't. I did a factory reset and then the language was french again, although i the code *#1234# is showing that i have the UK firmware now.

Does someone know which stock rom does have the feature to disable camera shutter sound?

Thanks in advance
No idk but language has notin to do with csc! Me on my german device could also set it to french (mais je suis mal a parler le francais)

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playitlikegabo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
No idk but language has notin to do with csc! Me on my german device could also set it to french (mais je suis mal a parler le francais)

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
I was just wondering why the UK rom (BTU) was on french language just from the beginning when the phone started for the first time when i had flashed the new rom.

Now I have the german stock DBT and the camera is at least silent when the phone is on silent mode. That's ok for me.

Thank you.

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Quote:
I was just wondering why the UK rom (BTU) was on french language just from the beginning when the phone started for the first time when i had flashed the new rom.

Now I have the german stock DBT and the camera is at least silent when the phone is on silent mode. That's ok for me.

Thank you.
Allemands sont les meileurs

Glad u found a solution

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

Mikegrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:

Thanks in advance
I think you want to check out a rom which is non-EU as I think this regulation is EU-wide. Check out sammobile.com. At least you can see which countries are available and then maybe ask in the region specific sub forum on the main page.