5,597,501 Members 31,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB port problem doesn't let the phone sleep

Tip us?
 
heartreaper
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riyadh
Default USB port problem doesn't let the phone sleep

Hey guys.

I have the famous USB port problem, in which, even after disconnecting the charger, the phone shows charging, and dis-charging in an infinite loop. So due to this, the screen doesn't switch off because, due to this problem, the phone thinks that the charger is being connected and removed, connected removed .. so on. and hence, the phone sometimes acts like a heater, and also oozes battery. Just like is in the starting of this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duzTDyt_bN4

As a solution to this problem, I switched to MIUI (the Venegence MIUI 5), which recognized the small intervals of charging and disconnecting as just charging, and hence didn't keep the screen on. But there was a problem. the MIUI got bloated, (and also i got pretty bored using it). so i had to swith to official JB again. And again the same problem continued.

If MIUI doesn't recognize the small connect and disconnect, why does the TW JB? and is there any tweak that can be applied on the stock JB rom, to not light up the screen when charger is connected? i think that the phone keeps the screen on because it thinks that it has been connected -> 'turn screen' on and disconnected -> 'turn screen on' and connected -> 'turn screen on' again. If it is said to the phone, don't turn on the screen when connected or disconnected, then i think the problem is solved. then there is no other problem on the phone like the others have. - pc not recognizing, connect disconnect sound or anything. everything else concerning the USB port is working fantastic. just this screen on thing.
If you find my help useful, then you shouldn't be having any problem hitting the thanks button. Just HIT it.
 
drkalo
Old
(Last edited by drkalo; 16th December 2013 at 03:38 PM.)
#2  
drkalo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 273
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartreaper View Post
Hey guys.

I have the famous USB port problem, in which, even after disconnecting the charger, the phone shows charging, and dis-charging in an infinite loop. So due to this, the screen doesn't switch off because, due to this problem, the phone thinks that the charger is being connected and removed, connected removed .. so on. and hence, the phone sometimes acts like a heater, and also oozes battery. Just like is in the starting of this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duzTDyt_bN4

As a solution to this problem, I switched to MIUI (the Venegence MIUI 5), which recognized the small intervals of charging and disconnecting as just charging, and hence didn't keep the screen on. But there was a problem. the MIUI got bloated, (and also i got pretty bored using it). so i had to swith to official JB again. And again the same problem continued.

If MIUI doesn't recognize the small connect and disconnect, why does the TW JB? and is there any tweak that can be applied on the stock JB rom, to not light up the screen when charger is connected? i think that the phone keeps the screen on because it thinks that it has been connected -> 'turn screen' on and disconnected -> 'turn screen on' and connected -> 'turn screen on' again. If it is said to the phone, don't turn on the screen when connected or disconnected, then i think the problem is solved. then there is no other problem on the phone like the others have. - pc not recognizing, connect disconnect sound or anything. everything else concerning the USB port is working fantastic. just this screen on thing.
It's Note's weak spot. I had the same problem and it's obviously not rom related. I fixed it by replacing the usb port. It's a couple of bucks on ebay and there are YouTube guides on how to do it.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=400461086932
Mine came with the tools necessary.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=galax...placement&sm=1
Galaxy Note - White
Nexus 7 Grouper - 32GB

bssh.eu Bulgarian Society for Surgery of the Hand
 
treacherous_hawk
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 656
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartreaper View Post
Hey guys.

I have the famous USB port problem, in which, even after disconnecting the charger, the phone shows charging, and dis-charging in an infinite loop. So due to this, the screen doesn't switch off because, due to this problem, the phone thinks that the charger is being connected and removed, connected removed .. so on. and hence, the phone sometimes acts like a heater, and also oozes battery. Just like is in the starting of this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duzTDyt_bN4

As a solution to this problem, I switched to MIUI (the Venegence MIUI 5), which recognized the small intervals of charging and disconnecting as just charging, and hence didn't keep the screen on. But there was a problem. the MIUI got bloated, (and also i got pretty bored using it). so i had to swith to official JB again. And again the same problem continued.

If MIUI doesn't recognize the small connect and disconnect, why does the TW JB? and is there any tweak that can be applied on the stock JB rom, to not light up the screen when charger is connected? i think that the phone keeps the screen on because it thinks that it has been connected -> 'turn screen' on and disconnected -> 'turn screen on' and connected -> 'turn screen on' again. If it is said to the phone, don't turn on the screen when connected or disconnected, then i think the problem is solved. then there is no other problem on the phone like the others have. - pc not recognizing, connect disconnect sound or anything. everything else concerning the USB port is working fantastic. just this screen on thing.
there is xposed module which includes the option for wake up on plug. Gravity box has it, there should be another module too with that feature. Also in Omnirom it is already included in settings>display>wakeup on plug if you uncheck it, it wont wake up on plug and unplug.
The Following User Says Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heartreaper
Old
(Last edited by heartreaper; 16th December 2013 at 07:50 PM.)
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riyadh
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk View Post
there is xposed module which includes the option for wake up on plug. Gravity box has it, there should be another module too with that feature.
Can you guide me how to do this? any links or stuff? i found this on xda, but i doubt it works for note with stock JB. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070

I am thinking of installing the omnirom. the install instruction says:
Quote:
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery - WITH SELINUX SUPPORT!
Does the HelloWorld kernel's CWM support Selinux? if not, where can i find and flash one?
If you find my help useful, then you shouldn't be having any problem hitting the thanks button. Just HIT it.
 
galaxynote2
Old
#5  
galaxynote2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 349
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartreaper View Post
Can you guide me how to do this? any links or stuff? i found this on xda, but i doubt it works for note with stock JB. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070

I am thinking of installing the omnirom. the install instruction says:

Does the HelloWorld kernel's CWM support Selinux? if not, where can i find and flash one?
You dont need nothing of these things, you only need your phone rooted and ICS or + (even kitkat supports Xposed modules).
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxynote2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heartreaper
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riyadh
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxynote2 View Post
You dont need nothing of these things, you only need your phone rooted and ICS or + (even kitkat supports Xposed modules).
But the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070 says (and that too in red) that it is not for the TW roms. Can you confirm? Can you provide with some instructions or link which i should follow for installing Xposed module on the stock TW JB roms? I currently have TW JB + HelloWorld kernel.
If you find my help useful, then you shouldn't be having any problem hitting the thanks button. Just HIT it.
 
heartreaper
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riyadh
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk View Post
there is xposed module which includes the option for wake up on plug. Gravity box has it, there should be another module too with that feature. Also in Omnirom it is already included in settings>display>wakeup on plug if you uncheck it, it wont wake up on plug and unplug.
I first installed the gravity box, set the don't wake on plug, rebooted, but the screen still turns on. removed gravity box, installed the xposed additions, set the don't wake on plug, rebooted. the screen still turns on, but it vibrates when the display shows charging and not charging. I suppose the Samsung Framework doesn't support don't wake on plug unplug.

can anyone tell me which kernel is required as prerequisite for the omnirom? I am currently on the helloworld kernel. does this kernels CWM has the selinux support?
If you find my help useful, then you shouldn't be having any problem hitting the thanks button. Just HIT it.
 
treacherous_hawk
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 656
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartreaper View Post
I first installed the gravity box, set the don't wake on plug, rebooted, but the screen still turns on. removed gravity box, installed the xposed additions, set the don't wake on plug, rebooted. the screen still turns on, but it vibrates when the display shows charging and not charging. I suppose the Samsung Framework doesn't support don't wake on plug unplug.

can anyone tell me which kernel is required as prerequisite for the omnirom? I am currently on the helloworld kernel. does this kernels CWM has the selinux support?
you can flash raw kernel to flash omnirom.
The Following User Says Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heartreaper
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riyadh
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkalo View Post
It's Note's weak spot. I had the same problem and it's obviously not rom related. I fixed it by replacing the usb port. It's a couple of bucks on ebay and there are YouTube guides on how to do it.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=400461086932
Mine came with the tools necessary.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=galax...placement&sm=1
I have found 2 revisions for the same part. how to know which revision fits inside mine? the date on version 1.0 is 08/2011. i bought my phone in 06/2011. so i think this must not be the rev i need. maybe the 0.0. but does it matter? is it important to know which rev is inside mine? or is the 1.0 backwards compatible, in case i have the 0.0?
If you find my help useful, then you shouldn't be having any problem hitting the thanks button. Just HIT it.
 
drkalo
Old
(Last edited by drkalo; 17th December 2013 at 12:53 PM.)
#10  
drkalo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 273
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartreaper View Post
I have found 2 revisions for the same part. how to know which revision fits inside mine? the date on version 1.0 is 08/2011. i bought my phone in 06/2011. so i think this must not be the rev i need. maybe the 0.0. but does it matter? is it important to know which rev is inside mine? or is the 1.0 backwards compatible, in case i have the 0.0?
I didn't find any difference while searching for mine. Just look for n7000 usb charging port replacement.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?kw=Ga...l1312.TR1.TRC0

The second one comes with screwdrivers.

EDIT
Just checked my old usb charging port that I still keep after it has been replaced and it has the following stamp with golden letters:
N7000/I9220_SUB_REV1.0 2011.08.30
I bought my phone May 2012. Not sure if it matters though...

Hope this could be of some help.
Galaxy Note - White
Nexus 7 Grouper - 32GB

bssh.eu Bulgarian Society for Surgery of the Hand

The Following User Says Thank You to drkalo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
note, usb
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes