Tip us?

hkhouli
Old
(Last edited by hkhouli; 13th December 2013 at 02:44 PM.) Reason: FIXED
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] WiFi not toggling on

Hi guys,

Sorry for the incoming wall of text but this issue im having is massive and after doing a buttload of research im still no closer to anything.

I have the international Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). So everything started when my phone was running CM 10.2 then i did an OTA update to I believe it was 10.3. My phone would boot and the OS would start but I kept getting an error message saying some android system program wasnt working and basically made it unusable. So i decided to go back to CM10.2. After much trouble, I finally managed to get back to CM10.2 but I decided i was sick and tired with CM and wanted to go back to Samsung Stock firmware. This is where all the trouble began and its been a nightmare so far. I had TWRP 2.6.0.0 flashed too. I downloaded the TGY-I9505ZHUEMK2-20131122112513.zip file from samsung-updates and moved it onto my phone and wanted to install the .zip from TWRP. I kept getting an error message so I installed it through ODIN instead. Ok, so it worked from there and all was fine and dandy until I couldnt get the wifi to turn on, as in, it wouldnt even toggle on not that it wasnt connecting but that it physically wouldnt turn on. I figured I should do an OTA update incase it was a software problem. Alas, I got the error message saying that I cant because my phone was modified. Once again, I reinstalled the firmware through ODIN 1.85 and this time I didnt root it but i still got the same error message. I then used Triangle Away to try to reset the flash counter incase that would help. No matter how many times i did, the counter would always stay at 7. So after hours of research I stumbled upon an article about the infamous KNOX flag implemented in 4.3 and decided to see if I had triggered it. So I checked under download mode but I couldnt see anything relating to it but I did see 0x30. I forget what it was for. In the end I found this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444671 ) and downloaded the PIT file and the pre rooted firmware linked in that thread and installed them and all went smoothly. The WiFi still wont turn on but triangle away was able to reset the flash counter to 0 this time. Now when I attempt to turn on the WiFi i get a notification saying 'The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions and has stopped loading. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot'. I tried rebooting but that didnt help. I tried removing the battery and putting it back but that didnt work either. I tried holding down on the notification and clearing cache and then closing the app but that didnt help. The application in question is called : SEandroid (version 1.0). When I scroll to the bottom of the permissions list I did see something interesting that could have something to do with this. One of the permissions was labeled Qualcomm WiFi p2p.

The SSN is -I9505GSMH

Model Number: GT-I9505
Android vers: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: I9505ZHUBMF4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-626292
se.infra@SEP-128#1
Tue May 14 19:17:56 KST2013
Build no.: JDQ39.I9505ZHUAME3
SELinux Status: Permissive

Device Status shows Custom.

Please guys, any help would be appreciated. I'm about to throw this dang phone into the ninth circle of hell.

EDIT:

Wwll guys, Im feeling like a special ed guy now. I found out about the WIFI fix and after flashing that with ODIN, it worked all dandy now. My second question would be, if I were to put TWRP back on, would that screw with anyhting?

xgutterratx
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhouli View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry for the incoming wall of text but this issue im having is massive and after doing a buttload of research im still no closer to anything.

I have the international Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). So everything started when my phone was running CM 10.2 then i did an OTA update to I believe it was 10.3. My phone would boot and the OS would start but I kept getting an error message saying some android system program wasnt working and basically made it unusable. So i decided to go back to CM10.2. After much trouble, I finally managed to get back to CM10.2 but I decided i was sick and tired with CM and wanted to go back to Samsung Stock firmware. This is where all the trouble began and its been a nightmare so far. I had TWRP 2.6.0.0 flashed too. I downloaded the TGY-I9505ZHUEMK2-20131122112513.zip file from samsung-updates and moved it onto my phone and wanted to install the .zip from TWRP. I kept getting an error message so I installed it through ODIN instead. Ok, so it worked from there and all was fine and dandy until I couldnt get the wifi to turn on, as in, it wouldnt even toggle on not that it wasnt connecting but that it physically wouldnt turn on. I figured I should do an OTA update incase it was a software problem. Alas, I got the error message saying that I cant because my phone was modified. Once again, I reinstalled the firmware through ODIN 1.85 and this time I didnt root it but i still got the same error message. I then used Triangle Away to try to reset the flash counter incase that would help. No matter how many times i did, the counter would always stay at 7. So after hours of research I stumbled upon an article about the infamous KNOX flag implemented in 4.3 and decided to see if I had triggered it. So I checked under download mode but I couldnt see anything relating to it but I did see 0x30. I forget what it was for. In the end I found this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444671 ) and downloaded the PIT file and the pre rooted firmware linked in that thread and installed them and all went smoothly. The WiFi still wont turn on but triangle away was able to reset the flash counter to 0 this time. Now when I attempt to turn on the WiFi i get a notification saying 'The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions and has stopped loading. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot'. I tried rebooting but that didnt help. I tried removing the battery and putting it back but that didnt work either. I tried holding down on the notification and clearing cache and then closing the app but that didnt help. The application in question is called : SEandroid (version 1.0). When I scroll to the bottom of the permissions list I did see something interesting that could have something to do with this. One of the permissions was labeled Qualcomm WiFi p2p.

The SSN is -I9505GSMH

Model Number: GT-I9505
Android vers: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: I9505ZHUBMF4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-626292
se.infra@SEP-128#1
Tue May 14 19:17:56 KST2013
Build no.: JDQ39.I9505ZHUAME3
SELinux Status: Permissive

Device Status shows Custom.

Please guys, any help would be appreciated. I'm about to throw this dang phone into the ninth circle of hell.

EDIT:

Wwll guys, Im feeling like a special ed guy now. I found out about the WIFI fix and after flashing that with ODIN, it worked all dandy now. My second question would be, if I were to put TWRP back on, would that screw with anyhting?
Im having the same problem as you but wifi fix doesn't seem to do anything.
after i run it i get a permission error.
can you give me a bit more details on which wifi fix you used and how you ran it.

d19375
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgutterratx View Post
Im having the same problem as you but wifi fix doesn't seem to do anything.
after i run it i get a permission error.
can you give me a bit more details on which wifi fix you used and how you ran it.
Yes please send me the wifi fix too! having same issue and I'm at a loss. Thanks!