5,597,937 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wi-Fi connection fails (do not activate)

Tip us?

arleybarros
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Wi-Fi connection fails (do not activate)

Every time I try to activate wifi the following error appears in logcat:

Code:
I/WifiManager( 1421): setWifiEnabled : true
I/WifiService(  879): setWifiEnabled: true pid=1421, uid=10141
E/WifiHW  (  879): ##################### set firmware type 0 #####################
E/WifiHW  (  879): Cannot open "/data/.cid.info": No such file or directory
E/WifiHW  (  879): ==========[WIFI] Station firmware load ===========
D/SSRMv2:Monitor(  879): SIOP:: AP = 400 (read only)
E/WifiHW  (  879): return of insmod : ret = -1, No such device
E/WifiStateMachine(  879): Failed to load driver
D/WfdService(  879): intent recieved android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED
D/STATUSBAR-NetworkController( 1421): onReceive() - RSSI_CHANGED_ACTION, WIFI_STATE, NETWORK_STATE
D/STATUSBAR-NetworkController( 1421): Nothing, mRoamingIconId = 0
I/elm     ( 2716): MainReceiver.onReceive() : android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED
E/WifiStateMachine(  879): sendErrorBroadcast code:10
E/WifiController(  879): Wi-Fi driver is unstable. Received CMD_STATEMACHINE_RESET
I/elm     ( 2716): MainReceiver.onReceive() END - - - - - : android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED
D/elm     ( 2716): ELMEngine.getInstance().
I/DownloadNowBroadcastReceiver( 3770): onReceive
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.TMNetworkReceiver() Enter 1 main
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.StartTMHandler - enter
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.StartTMHandler - exit
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.onReceive() Enter
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.onReceive() Action android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.onReceive() UnHandled
D/TMSERVER/TMNetworkReceiver( 3738): TMNetworkReceiver.onReceive() Exit
D/MTPRx   ( 4799): DRIVER_TIME_OUT 60s lapsed
and I tried all sorts of wifi fixers available in the forum without success. After some research I found the following post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1652702

what makes me think it's a problem with the driver.

The solution was found by this user:

Quote:
I fixed this issue by copying libhardware_legacy.so from my OEM ROM to the ported ROM. Rebooted and WiFi worked just fine
I would like to know how to apply this solution to the GT-I9505. I must confess I do not think there is a solution to my problem, so any suggestion will be very welcome.

I am using Stock 4.3

Thanks in advance
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Pulse654321
Old
(Last edited by Pulse654321; 23rd November 2013 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Must have something similar I've gone 3 days without WiFi

I'll give this a go and get back to you.

Edit: What a random series of events!

I looked at the line in your Logcat 'E/WifiHW ( 879): Cannot open "/data/.cid.info": No such file or directory' and when I looked I did have this file so deleted it and tried Wifi, nothing.
So I tried to replace that 'libhardware_legacy.so' file, but without thinking about it I'd taken it from a stock TW rom when I'm on a AOKP based rom. Doh!
Of course, it didn't boot and then I was left thinking "Oh ****"
I then tried flashing an old Android 4.2 rom I had on my SDCard but I did it lazily by only formatting the system and clearing Cache and Dalvik.
When I restarted it showed the boot image and then did nothing, so I went back into recovery and restored the system partition from a backup I created the other day (But whilst it was broken) of the same ROM I was on at the beginning of this post.
When it booted again it had a weird corrupted image, from my experience that's normally Kernel related, I also had a copy of KT Kernel on my SDCard, so flashed that, then wiped Cache and Dalvik
Low and behold when it finally booted, I went into settings and there was Wifi switched on and had found all my local Wifis. I got it to connect and ran some speed tests. Also restarted the phone and switched it on and off to make sure it wasn't just a fluke or hoax and now it seems I'm all sorted!

.... But for how long....
The Following User Says Thank You to Pulse654321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arleybarros
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse654321 View Post
Must have something similar I've gone 3 days without WiFi

I'll give this a go and get back to you.

Edit: What a random series of events!

I looked at the line in your Logcat 'E/WifiHW ( 879): Cannot open "/data/.cid.info": No such file or directory' and when I looked I did have this file so deleted it and tried Wifi, nothing.
So I tried to replace that 'libhardware_legacy.so' file, but without thinking about it I'd taken it from a stock TW rom when I'm on a AOKP based rom. Doh!
Of course, it didn't boot and then I was left thinking "Oh ****"
I then tried flashing an old Android 4.2 rom I had on my SDCard but I did it lazily by only formatting the system and clearing Cache and Dalvik.
When I restarted it showed the boot image and then did nothing, so I went back into recovery and restored the system partition from a backup I created the other day (But whilst it was broken) of the same ROM I was on at the beginning of this post.
When it booted again it had a weird corrupted image, from my experience that's normally Kernel related, I also had a copy of KT Kernel on my SDCard, so flashed that, then wiped Cache and Dalvik
Low and behold when it finally booted, I went into settings and there was Wifi switched on and had found all my local Wifis. I got it to connect and ran some speed tests. Also restarted the phone and switched it on and off to make sure it wasn't just a fluke or hoax and now it seems I'm all sorted!

.... But for how long....
You are lucky!

Can you explain the process of extract 'libhardware_legacy.so from a stock ROM and flash it on lhe device?

About lhe kernel, i Tried them all with no success.

Thank tou!
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Pulse654321
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleybarros View Post
You are lucky!

Can you explain the process of extract 'libhardware_legacy.so from a stock ROM and flash it on lhe device?

About lhe kernel, i Tried them all with no success.

Thank tou!
Well I actually took it from a ROM that was in zip format, that you can flash in CWM so was quite easy. I've included it for you to try. It may not work the same as mine so make sure you have a backup to revert to!

And the KT kernel I used was KT-SGS4-JB4.3-AOSP-INTL-11.14.2013, but you'll need the TW version if you're on stock ROM? That version can be downloaded Here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libhardware legacy.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.8 KB, 35 views)

arleybarros
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse654321 View Post
Well I actually took it from a ROM that was in zip format, that you can flash in CWM so was quite easy. I've included it for you to try. It may not work the same as mine so make sure you have a backup to revert to!

And the KT kernel I used was KT-SGS4-JB4.3-AOSP-INTL-11.14.2013, but you'll need the TW version if you're on stock ROM? That version can be downloaded Here.
I really appreciate the help, but this also did not work. I'm starting to think I have a hardware problem. is possible to diagnose it via ADB?
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

arleybarros
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I'm thinking that I must have a problem with the permissions of folders and partitions, because the file "/ data / .cid.info" should be created automatically (if I'm not mistaken) and here, no matter what I do, this file is not available.

Could someone show me how to check the correct permissions for the folders and partitions?
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Pulse654321
Old
(Last edited by Pulse654321; 25th November 2013 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Yeah that's really odd. The file is recreated for me when I was deleting it before and restarting. I'm not sure which file browser I'm using atm. 2 secs and I'll get some pictures up and the permissions for folders.

This is the file manager I'm using, should work ok. Hopefully it works with root features.

I've included pictures of permissions for folders, hopefully they help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-25-22-39-230.png
Views:	73
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	2414680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-25-22-40-35.png
Views:	68
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	2414681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-25-22-39-232.png
Views:	55
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	2414682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-25-22-39-19.png
Views:	57
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	2414683  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pulse654321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-=nezero=-
Old
(Last edited by -=nezero=-; 20th December 2013 at 10:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75
Whoops mis interpreted the pictures

Cat you give an example of what should be in the .cid.info?

Tags
android 4.3, problem, wi-fi driver