5,598,820 Members 32,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to recover my device? (flashed wrong FTF)

Tip us?

mrjayviper
Old
(Last edited by mrjayviper; 15th December 2013 at 04:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Default [Q] how to recover my device? (flashed wrong FTF)

because of my stupidity, I accidentally flashed the FTF for the Xperiz Z (yuga).

Any ideas on how to get back my device? thank you!
"We know where you are. We know where you've been. We can more or less know what you're thinking about."

-Eric Schmidt - ᕦ(_ˇ)ᕤ
---------------------
Sony Xperia Z and Xperia Tablet Z both running recent CM nightly

arcsuser
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Can u access anything or what? Cwm, os etc..

Sony. Xperia Tablet Z - SGP311. No Root. Build 10.1.C.0.370. Stock.
Sony Ericsson. Xperia Arc S - LT18i. Rooted. Firmware 4.1.B.0.587. Xperia S-GX-T Style.
-
Sonus

mrjayviper
Old
(Last edited by mrjayviper; 15th December 2013 at 04:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcsuser View Post
Can u access anything or what? Cwm, os etc..
won't boot. seems responsive when I press power + volume keys (white led lights up).

edit: device gets detected on flashmode using flashtool but it gets undetected soon after and the LED indicator becomes red.
"We know where you are. We know where you've been. We can more or less know what you're thinking about."

-Eric Schmidt - ᕦ(_ˇ)ᕤ
---------------------
Sony Xperia Z and Xperia Tablet Z both running recent CM nightly

dancress
Old
(Last edited by dancress; 16th December 2013 at 08:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday! I seem to have flashed a bad recovery after I finally decided to unlock the BL after much deliberation and lusting for some Kitkat goodness. Now it won't turn on. BUT:

It WILL give me a red LED (steady) when I do the Power + Vol-Up dance while connected to USB. However, the computer won't recognize it since it won't turn on at all. No SUS, no EMMA, no nothing. It won't go into Fastboot mode or Flash Mode.

There will be white-purplish LED action when I press Power + Vol-Up. First a single blink, three in a row when I hold it for a few seconds. I won't get a red light when not on USB.

That's all. I had the XTZ charged over night (with red LED on) but that didn't change a thing. This is the first time ever bending an Android to my will went sour and I have done it with dozens. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

ibis69
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancress View Post
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday! I seem to have flashed a bad recovery after I finally decided to unlock the BL after much deliberation and lusting for some Kitkat goodness. Now it won't turn on. BUT:

It WILL give me a red LED (steady) when I do the Power + Vol-Up dance while connected to USB. However, the computer won't recognize it since it won't turn on at all. No SUS, no EMMA, no nothing. It won't go into Fastboot mode or Flash Mode.

There will be white-purplish LED action when I press Power + Vol-Up. First a single blink, three in a row when I hold it for a few seconds. I won't get a red light when not on USB.

That's all. I had the XTZ charged over night (with red LED on) but that didn't change a thing. This is the first time ever bending an Android to my will went sour and I have done it with dozens. Does anyone have any idea what to do?
did you try this ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=24
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3 n9005
* Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP312
The Following User Says Thank You to ibis69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis69 View Post
GodDAMMIT that must have been the only thing I didn't try. And guess what... it worked.

THANKS!

ibis69
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancress View Post
GodDAMMIT that must have been the only thing I didn't try. And guess what... it worked.

THANKS!
good news
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3 n9005
* Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP312

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis69 View Post
good news
Indeed. But since it was clinically dead, I now have a brand spanking new N7 for sale. Let see how much in value it lost in one day