XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BootUp Shutdown Animation HOX

Tip us?

philohtc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default BootUp Shutdown Animation HOX

Hi, I'm with Sense 5 and 4.2.2. I flashed the Germany T-Mobile ROM, I already removed all the crappy apps but I tried to "activate" original boot up/ shutdown but apparently I'm doing something wrong. I went to system/customize/resources and there I finded logically 4 files (two audio files for boot up/ shutdown and two zip files with boot up/ shutdown animations) and also there was the original HTC boot up/ shutdown, so I 'deleted' the t-mobile files and replaced the names from the original HTC files with the t-mobile names. But it doesn't show up or can't either hear the sound. I created the HTC shutdown audio because it does'nt use audio in shutdown, so it's a blank MP3. I attach the files. Hope you can help me! THanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Boot's.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.94 MB, 60 views)

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4608

DONATE TO ME
I can't remember how to do that, sorry.

Sent from my One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2573
Try naming your "new" files with the same name as the "original" ones. I'm not sure how the carrier customization handles these files. But I'm just guessing it might still be looking for the specific file names.

I do know this for fact (as it worked for me): You don't need to put a blank MP3 there to remove the boot/shutdown sounds. Simply removing the original files (I put ".bak" at the end of the file name) will kill the sounds.

Also, for whatever root explorer you are using, be sure you mount the directory as R/W when writing or changing files.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

philohtc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I already tried renaming the new files, but as I said it won't recognize them making the boot go black

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

jack4211
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philohtc View Post
Hi, I'm with Sense 5 and 4.2.2. I flashed the Germany T-Mobile ROM, I already removed all the crappy apps but I tried to "activate" original boot up/ shutdown but apparently I'm doing something wrong. I went to system/customize/resources and there I finded logically 4 files (two audio files for boot up/ shutdown and two zip files with boot up/ shutdown animations) and also there was the original HTC boot up/ shutdown, so I 'deleted' the t-mobile files and replaced the names from the original HTC files with the t-mobile names. But it doesn't show up or can't either hear the sound. I created the HTC shutdown audio because it does'nt use audio in shutdown, so it's a blank MP3. I attach the files. Hope you can help me! THanks
Did you changed permission settings while replacing the bootup and shutdown sounds

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
boot, htc, screen, sense, shutdown