[Q] How to enable notifications on lock screen

Tip us?

lailainoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] How to enable notifications on lock screen

Hi guys,

How do I enable lockscreen notifications on my HTC One? I just moved from the iOS ecosystem where each Facebook/Whatsapp/Skype message that comes through gets placed on the lockscreen for the convenience.

I've been searching for it on Google and nothing is working for me. I want it to be ON the lock screen page, I don't want to slide over to the next page just to view it (by the way the sliding feature sucks like hell, its not very responsive).

PS. I'm currently using NiLs but it's not doing what I want it to do specifically. I have to slide over to another page, which is a terrible way to view the notifications.

Thanks!

Nokiacrazi
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I'm not sure how it works on stock android, but afaik, on stock KK sense 5.5 you can only view missed calls, sms, calender etc.

Theres no native support for WhatsApp, Skype, Hangouts etc on lockscreen which sucks. I wish Google would integrate this or work with them to integrate this. I think you can do it using DashClock widgets or something.

I have considered getting the next iPhone partly because of this feature.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free and get extra space from this link! http://db.tt/DHIxpJ5

HTC One M7 (Red)
HTC One M8 (Grey)

T-Mobile UK 3G SIM Only
The Following User Says Thank You to Nokiacrazi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lailainoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi View Post
I'm not sure how it works on stock android, but afaik, on stock KK sense 5.5 you can only view missed calls, sms, calender etc.

Theres no native support for WhatsApp, Skype, Hangouts etc on lockscreen which sucks. I wish Google would integrate this or work with them to integrate this. I think you can do it using DashClock widgets or something.

I have considered getting the next iPhone partly because of this feature.
I have the iPhone 5 and I moved to Android because of the better compatibility with Google Glass. Right now it's pretty hard to adjust to the HTC One because of the great and vast differences.

Nokiacrazi
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lailainoob View Post
I have the iPhone 5 and I moved to Android because of the better compatibility with Google Glass. Right now it's pretty hard to adjust to the HTC One because of the great and vast differences.
I am sure you'll get used to it. Out of my group of friends and people I know, majority of them are moving from iOS to Android.

To be honest I am the only one who's tempted to move to iPhone. The things I love about the iPhone are - mechanical switch on side for toggles (auto rotate or vibrate mode), nice small size (fits in hand nicely), notifications on lockscreen, apple care, iCloud, iMessages. One thing is also the way that Apple pushes updates to its phones, in one go.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free and get extra space from this link! http://db.tt/DHIxpJ5

HTC One M7 (Red)
HTC One M8 (Grey)

T-Mobile UK 3G SIM Only

lailainoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi View Post
I am sure you'll get used to it. Out of my group of friends and people I know, majority of them are moving from iOS to Android.

To be honest I am the only one who's tempted to move to iPhone. The things I love about the iPhone are - mechanical switch on side for toggles (auto rotate or vibrate mode), nice small size (fits in hand nicely), notifications on lockscreen, apple care, iCloud, iMessages. One thing is also the way that Apple pushes updates to its phones, in one go.
I tried using DashClock but it still doesn't seem to replace the lock screen. I'd like it gone if possible, or if I could replace it...

Guich
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3006

DONATE TO ME
Mate, try the ViperOne rom.
It have a tweaks for use the first widget page as default in lockscreen, in fact i'm using it with nils and now i'm trying dashclock
Now i have the notifications like the iPhone