5,605,766 Members 47,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

note 3 bootloaders

Tip us?
 
aloom
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dubai
Default note 3 bootloaders

Hello guys,

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before but I've searched and couldn't find any answer.

I'm getting a new note 3 4g withing few days hopefully from du carrier here in UAE. The phone is sim locked to du and mostly is sm-n9005. My question is how can i know if the bootloader is locked? and if its unlocked , can i root the phone even if the sim card is locked to the carrier??

Thanks.
 
gazeddy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 202
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloom View Post
Hello guys,

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before but I've searched and couldn't find any answer.

I'm getting a new note 3 4g withing few days hopefully from du carrier here in UAE. The phone is sim locked to du and mostly is sm-n9005. My question is how can i know if the bootloader is locked? and if its unlocked , can i root the phone even if the sim card is locked to the carrier??

Thanks.
yes but you may trip knox. if you wont be using knox dont even worry about it
The Following User Says Thank You to gazeddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xclub_101
Old
(Last edited by xclub_101; 16th December 2013 at 09:48 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 979
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloom View Post
Hello guys,

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before but I've searched and couldn't find any answer.

I'm getting a new note 3 4g withing few days hopefully from du carrier here in UAE. The phone is sim locked to du and mostly is sm-n9005. My question is how can i know if the bootloader is locked? and if its unlocked , can i root the phone even if the sim card is locked to the carrier??

Thanks.
1. DO NOT LET the phone auto-update or security-update.

2. If it is a N9005 check (with *#1234# ) your AP, CP and CSC

3. If you have AP <= MJ3 then you can very likely root with Universal Root De La Vega (URDLV); you can then update to MJ7 using Mobile Odin Pro (MOP) and keep root and knox 0x0.

Search around for more details on the specific thread on URDLV and URDLV+MOP.

That being said - if the phone is ALSO carrier-locked you might also need to unlock with a special unlock code (at this point I would think that removing the carrier-lock should be step 1.5 above but I don't have much experience in carrier-unlocking Note 3 since mine was "EU unlocked" version).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aloom
Old
(Last edited by aloom; 17th December 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dubai
Thanx all for your replies .
I dont mind it being carrier locked as I have a data subscription for a year , what I meant is can I keep it carrier locked and root ?? Also I dont mind about knox being tripped so can I update it to mj7 and root it using cf auto ?? I just need to root safely and easily

Edit: I forget about the most important question which is how can I know if the bootloader is locked or unlocked ??if the device is smn9005 does it mean that it has an unlocked bootloader? ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
alom5
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 687
Join Date: Dec 2010
If your software is mj3 or mj7 or mk2... Then you will have a locked bootloader. You can still root using cf auto but knox counter will be triggered.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alom5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antt00
Old
#6  
antt00's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 1,041
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloom View Post
Thanx all for your replies .
I dont mind it being carrier locked as I have a data subscription for a year , what I meant is can I keep it carrier locked and root ?? Also I dont mind about knox being tripped so can I update it to mj7 and root it using cf auto ?? I just need to root safely and easily

Edit: I forget about the most important question which is how can I know if the bootloader is locked or unlocked ??if the device is smn9005 does it mean that it has an unlocked bootloader? ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
International version of samsung phone does not have such a thing as lock bootloader. It will be at most carrier lock.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to antt00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alom5
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 687
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by antt00 View Post
International version of samsung phone does not have such a thing as lock bootloader. It will be at most carrier lock.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think you may find that is not the case and if you search you will see plenty on locked bootloaders

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alom5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antt00
Old
#8  
antt00's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 1,041
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
I think you may find that is not the case and if you search you will see plenty on locked bootloaders

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
In US version yes. I said international.
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to antt00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cwalker0906
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 851
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
I think you may find that is not the case and if you search you will see plenty on locked bootloaders

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tripping knox has absolutely nothing to do with a locked bootloader and NO international samsung phone ever had a locked bootloader that I am aware off. Knox is not the bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to cwalker0906 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes