5,593,793 Members 46,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where to buy $599 HTC One unlocked with US warranty (beside HTC USA Store)?

Tip us?

lanwarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default [Q] Where to buy $599 HTC One unlocked with US warranty (beside HTC USA Store)?

As the subject stated, HTC USA sells the HTC One phone (UNLOCKED & with US Warranty) DIRECTLY from their website for $599, much cheaper than buying from Expansys or Amazon.

However, HTC USA only ships to the billing address of the credit card. I cannot do this because I am not home during weekdays and the package will get lost for sure. I called HTC USA Shop and they told me I cannot provide different shipping and billing address. So buying from HTC directly is out of question.

So.. anyone know?
Google Nexus 5 4G LTE
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.4.2

Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock[/B] ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Retired
Galaxy Note 8.0
Google Nexus 7 Tablet - Official Google JellyBean 4.2
AT&T Galaxy Note with 4G LTE - Official AT&T Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active with 4G LTE - Official AT&T Jelly Bean 4.2

stevedebi
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
As the subject stated, HTC USA sells the HTC One phone (UNLOCKED & with US Warranty) DIRECTLY from their website for $599, much cheaper than buying from Expansys or Amazon.

However, HTC USA only ships to the billing address of the credit card. I cannot do this because I am not home during weekdays and the package will get lost for sure. I called HTC USA Shop and they told me I cannot provide different shipping and billing address. So buying from HTC directly is out of question.

So.. anyone know?
Actually, I had originally ordered a dev version from their website. I have arranged with my credit card company to have an authorized alternate delivery address (my workplace). I called them up and they manually edited my order to go to my workplace.

I had second thoughts and went with a T-Mobile branded version (so I cancelled my order), but IIRC the order forms at LetsTalk (who actually sells for HTC) showed the new address.

Anyway, it can be done.
Phone: HTC One M8 T-Mobile, Stock ROM KitKat
Tablets: Lenovo IdeaPad A2019 9" Tablet / ICS | Dell Venue 7" Tablet / JB
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite T925u / Windows 8.1
Former Phones: Ericsson T-28, Ericsson R600 World, T-Mobile Windows Phone, HP 6310, Sony-Ericsson M600, HTC Pharos, Asus P527, HTC Tilt2, HTC HD2, HTC Amaze, HTC M7

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1449
Quote:

So.. anyone know?
Go ahead and order from the HTC store, after they ship and provide tracking info go to the Fedex or UPS website and select 'customize delivery' or 'change delivery' and select 'hold for pickup' at a Fedex/UPS office near you. When the package arrives they will hold it at the office and call you, then go pick it up.
<this>
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lanwarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
Go ahead and order from the HTC store, after they ship and provide tracking info go to the Fedex or UPS website and select 'customize delivery' or 'change delivery' and select 'hold for pickup' at a Fedex/UPS office near you. When the package arrives they will hold it at the office and call you, then go pick it up.
Oh wow, I didn't know you can do this for both FedEx and UPS. Thanks for the advise!

Do I have to do something special to get this customized delivery? Example:
- Pay extra?
- Need to open a business account?
Google Nexus 5 4G LTE
Stock ROM - rooted

Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock[/B] ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Retired
Galaxy Note 8.0

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1449
Nope, doesn't cost extra. It's free because it saves the driver a trip to your home.
<this>

stevedebi
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't know you can do this for both FedEx and UPS. Thanks for the advise!

Do I have to do something special to get this customized delivery? Example:
- Pay extra?
- Need to open a business account?
For UPS, there is a $5 fee to change the delivery address. Putting it on hold is no charge. You have to sign up for their premium service (don't recall what it is called), but it is free.
Former Phones: Ericsson T-28, Ericsson R600 World, T-Mobile Windows Phone, HP 6310, Sony-Ericsson M600, HTC Pharos, Asus P527, HTC Tilt2, HTC HD2, HTC Amaze, HTC M7

lanwarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedebi View Post
For UPS, there is a $5 fee to change the delivery address. Putting it on hold is no charge. You have to sign up for their premium service (don't recall what it is called), but it is free.
I created an UPS account and able to login. Interestingly, under "My Profile", UPS told me I "don't have an account". So how come I can login, Mr. UPS??

This is turning to a headache...
Google Nexus 5 4G LTE
Stock ROM - rooted

Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock[/B] ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Retired
Galaxy Note 8.0

dorezen
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
I created an UPS account and able to login. Interestingly, under "My Profile", UPS told me I "don't have an account". So how come I can login, Mr. UPS??

how about asking a friend to buy the phone for you and pay them back?

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1449
Quote:

Because you have a profile but not a UPS shipping account number. Don't sweat it, just call them after you get tracking info, they will setup the hold.
<this>

stevedebi
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:

It took a day for my account to start working.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium