5,595,196 Members 46,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor signal

Tip us?
 
cam1pbell
Old
#1  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default Poor signal

So has anyone found a solution to the bad reception and 4glte bouncing around to no service. I've read several forums so I'm not the only one . It just pisses me off that I paid full price and Verizon gives you the run around and wants to send you a certified replacement. What a joke. We are in desperate need of an update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
murmur70
Old
#2  
murmur70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 110
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bedford, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
So has anyone found a solution to the bad reception and 4glte bouncing around to no service. I've read several forums so I'm not the only one . It just pisses me off that I paid full price and Verizon gives you the run around and wants to send you a certified replacement. What a joke. We are in desperate need of an update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I find it helps to turn on airplane mode then turn it off. Resetting the radios often helps it pick up 4g again.
The Following User Says Thank You to murmur70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dwkeepinup
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 22
Join Date: Feb 2012
We shouldn't have to keep toggling just to maintain lte. I called Verizon the other day and they put in a ticket but I don't think much is going to come of it.
This phone's reception is much weaker than the droid DNA. In places I got steady 4g, it now goes back and forth from 3g.
The signal strength is like a good 10-20+dbs worse than the DNA in the same spots. (I'm pretty much only at work and home do nothing's changed except the phone).

Sometimes with this phone, it'll show connected to lte (1-2 bars on the icon) but I can't get anything to load. No websites, no rhapsody streaming, nothing. All apps time out trying to connect. But that might be just a specific area at work. Regardless, I'm sure that even at home, the signal strength is always over -100 when the DNA would regularly be sub -100

So annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwkeepinup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cam1pbell
Old
#4  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkeepinup View Post
We shouldn't have to keep toggling just to maintain lte. I called Verizon the other day and they put in a ticket but I don't think much is going to come of it.
This phone's reception is much weaker than the droid DNA. In places I got steady 4g, it now goes back and forth from 3g.
The signal strength is like a good 10-20+dbs worse than the DNA in the same spots. (I'm pretty much only at work and home do nothing's changed except the phone).

Sometimes with this phone, it'll show connected to lte (1-2 bars on the icon) but I can't get anything to load. No websites, no rhapsody streaming, nothing. All apps time out trying to connect. But that might be just a specific area at work. Regardless, I'm sure that even at home, the signal strength is always over -100 when the DNA would regularly be sub -100

So annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Yes it is very annoying. Thanks for feedback. I still love the phone. For such a beast of a phone it should have 5 five bars all the time. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
icemike557
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
The update did not fix my poor reception issues. Anyone else still having problems?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
cam1pbell
Old
#6  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemike557 View Post
The update did not fix my poor reception issues. Anyone else still having problems?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The update made my phone snappier. As far as the signal , I think it might have helped a little bit. I know it doesn't sit there for a few seconds when calling someone. It used to take forever.


Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cam1pbell
Old
#7  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2008
Okay here's where I'm at now this phone is really pissing me off I've been stuck in 3G all day long. It bounces back and forth so when I get off work tonight I'm going to call Verizon and see what they can do.😟

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
neyenlives
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 2,294
Join Date: Oct 2010
I just switched from my SGS3 to the new Note 3 and my reception is much better now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#9  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 418
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
Okay here's where I'm at now this phone is really pissing me off I've been stuck in 3G all day long. It bounces back and forth so when I get off work tonight I'm going to call Verizon and see what they can do.😟

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The antennas in this phone blows it's no other way around it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cam1pbell
Old
#10  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2008
I think I'm going to sell my note 3 and buy the developer addition. Only problem is I paid full price. I'm willing to lose a couple hundred bucks for a good signal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes