XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Capacity in Android Tuner

Tip us?

Rishi.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Battery Low Battery Capacity in Android Tuner

I am using LGOG E970 ,stock firmware 4.1.2 jellybean , rooted.
I checked the battery capacity in android Tuner , and it's displaying the info as :

Voltage : 3995mv
Capcity : 1080/1500mah
battery flow : +197ma (+13.13%h)

AFAIK , the battery capacity of LGOG is ~2100mah.

Was wondering , this could be a possible reason for higher battery drain in my case. or is it that the calibration needs to performed .
It's a brand new device.
AT version : 0.7.2

Thanks.

dinohunter117
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is your phone going into deep sleep? I had a similar problem where I was loosing tons of battery and I found out that my device just wasn't ever going into deep sleep.

Rishi.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinohunter117 View Post
Is your phone going into deep sleep? I had a similar problem where I was loosing tons of battery and I found out that my device just wasn't ever going into deep sleep.
Will install a deep sleep checker app to see the results. How much drain should I expect if its not touched for 8 hours. 10% drop ??

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
Nokia N95-RM320 | Nokia 6630.
SE K750i | SE K310i.
Moto Atrix 4g(Stolen) | LG Optimus G E970. ( Now Liberated )
-------------------------------------------------------------
If you feel I can be of some help , feel free to PM.

dinohunter117
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am not really sure. If left untouched without anything running for 8 hours. 10% sounds about right.

jdock
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi. View Post

Capcity : 1080/1500mah

AT version : 0.7.2

Thanks.
Really Android Tuner 0.7.2??? If so, that is pretty old. I'm using the latest AT free (0.12.7.1) and it shows 2100mA. The incorrect value may or may not represent a problem. There's an option in there to update the capacity (but only in the non-free version so I don't really know what it does). You might also want to look for some alternate system info app that reports the battery capacity and see what it says.

Battery monitoring tools have exploded in the past few months but Better Battery Stats is still the gold standard. Whatever you choose, you will probably find out that a lot of the stock apps keep your phone awake a lot and it's best to freeze whatever you can. Also, default settings such as sync frequency, location access and so on will also lean to the side of usefulness rather than battery life. With some tweaking you should be able to get it to a level you can live with.

The best I've been able to get is about 1.5% drain per hour when idle, about 36 hrs total between charges with light use, but that was with nearly everything useful disabled. Out of the box I was seeing 5-6%/hr when idle - ow!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]