Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ota] 2.10.605.1 - new link

OP carm01

17th December 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
carm01's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ohio - land of the boring
Thanks Meter: 159
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Here is the link to the newest OTA 2.10.605.1

http://goo.gl/Qx4bVi

Had to change the link cuz those WANGS at dropbox said too much traffic.



MD5: BD94910A324B24D8690D689A0E0760F8
SHA-1: 4141C52B95E20E9CD394D89097D1F679A17F7D06
SHA3-256: 1A18E45BD7AC35145CE08F1769F8682CC6986E5913816207AC 11B75ED1F632BD
Last edited by carm01; 20th December 2013 at 04:04 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to carm01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
willverduzco's Avatar
Portal Administrator
n͖̜̺y̥͔̗̝̠̩̜c̖͙͇̲̞
Thanks Meter: 2,897
 
6,422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by carm01

Here is the link to the newest OTA 2.10.605.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v10h6b5rrcygldc/OTAPkg.zip

Many thanks for mirroring the OTA. I've posted this to the XDA Portal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 01:52 AM   |  #3  
TheAppleAndroidGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
339 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Has rumrunner or anything been patched in this update?
18th December 2013, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
nrfitchett4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 522
 
6,394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmando2

Has rumrunner or anything been patched in this update?

don't think so. Those that have successfully updated report still being s-offed/ unlocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to nrfitchett4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
blackhand1001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 687
 
1,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4

don't think so. Those that have successfully updated report still being s-offed/ unlocked.

S-off will survive ota's. The question is whether or not the exploit used to achieve s-off still works after the OTA for those not unlocked yet.
18th December 2013, 06:57 PM   |  #6  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,254
 
6,541 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand1001

S-off will survive ota's. The question is whether or not the exploit used to achieve s-off still works after the OTA for those not unlocked yet.

No new Hboot in this build so it should still work.
18th December 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #7  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 11,756
 
7,577 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

No new Hboot in this build so it should still work.

Actually that's not true.
We had 1.54.0000 in all previous versions.
This one is now 1.55.0000.
Until someone who is not yet S-Off takes the OTA and then tries to run rumrunner, we won't know if it works as is.
I tend to doubt it will and will likely be patched fairly easily for the new version by Beaups, once someone who is s-on works with him to get that done on the new hboot.
But I would not just assume that Rumrunner will work on the new hboot as is, since it has been made for specific hboots already, even ones that had the same hboot version, but came from different OTA's.
18th December 2013, 07:30 PM   |  #8  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,254
 
6,541 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Actually that's not true.
We had 1.54.0000 in all previous versions.
This one is now 1.55.0000.
Until someone who is not yet S-Off takes the OTA and then tries to run rumrunner, we won't know if it works as is.
I tend to doubt it will and will likely be patched fairly easily for the new version by Beaups, once someone who is s-on works with him to get that done on the new hboot.
But I would not just assume that Rumrunner will work on the new hboot as is, since it has been made for specific hboots already, even ones that had the same hboot version, but came from different OTA's.

do you have a link to the new hboot? im willing to try it and or patch it if it doesnt work. i just havent seen anyone talk about hboot 1.55

extracting it from firmware zip.
Last edited by synisterwolf; 18th December 2013 at 07:50 PM.
18th December 2013, 09:05 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Actually that's not true.
We had 1.54.0000 in all previous versions.
This one is now 1.55.0000.
Until someone who is not yet S-Off takes the OTA and then tries to run rumrunner, we won't know if it works as is.
I tend to doubt it will and will likely be patched fairly easily for the new version by Beaups, once someone who is s-on works with him to get that done on the new hboot.
But I would not just assume that Rumrunner will work on the new hboot as is, since it has been made for specific hboots already, even ones that had the same hboot version, but came from different OTA's.

I recently got the HTC One via Verizon and have had the OTA update to 4.3 without s-off. I attempted to use the universal rumrunner which failed pretty much immediately after going through the disclaimer and beginning the process. I'm not sure if it's because I did it wrong or if it's actually due to rumrunner not working with the the new OTA, but I'm fairly sure that I have everything set up correctly and had followed the directions very closely. I didn't think it was going to work, but I thought I'd try anyway. Thought I'd share my experience with you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Somites For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2013, 01:17 PM   |  #10  
BreakingVZW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 405
 
1,023 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somites

I recently got the HTC One via Verizon and have had the OTA update to 4.3 without s-off. I attempted to use the universal rumrunner which failed pretty much immediately after going through the disclaimer and beginning the process. I'm not sure if it's because I did it wrong or if it's actually due to rumrunner not working with the the new OTA, but I'm fairly sure that I have everything set up correctly and had followed the directions very closely. I didn't think it was going to work, but I thought I'd try anyway. Thought I'd share my experience with you guys.

No it isn't bc you ran it wrong. beaups hasn't posted a rumrunner update yet. If you aren't using rumrunner for the exact version of your current ROM it fails every time. I'm sure he'll update rumrunner when he has time but he's a busy dude like all of our devs are.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes