5,604,631 Members 40,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference between AHD and other razrs with the same chipset?

Tip us?

magnetboard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Default Difference between AHD and other razrs with the same chipset?

If we can use a photon Q kernel, what's stopping us from using a photon Q ROM? Would we have to build a hellraiser zip file like linuxbozo did for the infuse and captivate?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2657
Nothing is stopping us other than the Q using a CDMA radio while we have a GSM, maybe a difference in kernel modules or hardware libs but that would be it. I'll assume the hellraiser zip adds the appropriate files needed due to the differences in those two devices....if that's a yes, then yes we might need a zip like that.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

magnetboard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Yeah, the hellraiser zip was a simple zip file you flashed that included device-specific libs, modem, and kernel. Since we can use a kernel, it wouldn't be that hard.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2657
We probably wouldn't need much more than our specific proprietary libs to run ports/roms from the RAZR HD, M, Photon Q 4G....those are the main differences between the various custom roms (PAC/CM/Carbon/etc), though it would be best to port from a GSM model than a CDMA one. Obviously some build.prop edits would be needed.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

magnetboard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Alright, thanks for the pointers. Here is the hellraiser zip. I'll download a photon Q rom and compare the two. I'll note the differences and see what I come up with.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude View Post
We probably wouldn't need much more than our specific proprietary libs to run ports/roms from the RAZR HD, M, Photon Q 4G....those are the main differences between the various custom roms (PAC/CM/Carbon/etc), though it would be best to port from a GSM model than a CDMA one. Obviously some build.prop edits would be needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetboard View Post
Alright, thanks for the pointers. Here is the hellraiser zip. I'll download a photon Q rom and compare the two. I'll note the differences and see what I come up with.
The devtree is different. The screen/digitizer requires the mirror of the xt907.
I loaded a twrp BU from the Photon Q forum (JB 412) onto my xt907! I got data, calls.... But the Screen input required top left touch to activate the back soft key.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!