XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"I blue myself" - blue streaks on lcd

Tip us?

tootone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default "I blue myself" - blue streaks on lcd

My nephew was zealously playing mushroom wars, and while he was trying to angrily eliminate the enemy shrooms he was pressing entirely to hard.

I now have some seriously bleed behind the corner of the screen where the offending shrooms were. Also there are blue streaks in the same corner. which are in my opinion a much worse eyesore than the bleeding.

I assume he has not only pushed the LCD away from the digitizer, but also irreparably damaged the LCD it'self. However I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I can do to fix the streaking. I am going to tear it apart and try to fix the bleed issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131105_103536314_HDR.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	2373339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131105_103551806_HDR.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	2373341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131105_103604597_HDR.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	2373342   Click image for larger version

Name:	ustv-arrested-development-tobias-i-just-blue-myself.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	2373343  
The Following User Says Thank You to tootone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OJ in Compton
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Giving you a thanks for the AD reference

Why not try seeing if you can get asus to service it? I've never seen that happen on another glass-covered device even with excessive force used.

OrBy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Looks like too much pressure was put on the unit causing what is behind the screen to be pressed upwards toward the lcd/glass. This is normally a metal shield of some sort. Pulling dents out from it may be possible with some sort of dent puller/suction cup but there is a frame in the way that may cause you issues from looking @ http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus...Teardown/16072. Also if the soft battery has suffered any crush damage or bending it may puff out and need to be replaced or you run the risk of a runaway thermal event at worst or just reduced run-time at best.

OJ in Compton
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Don't you also need to remove a warranty voiding sticker to access the shielding in the first place?

Richieboy67
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
I blue myself?

Sent from my shiny new(bought last Nov), scratch less Nexus 4!

deltantor
Old
(Last edited by deltantor; 5th November 2013 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootone View Post
My nephew was zealously playing mushroom wars, and while he was trying to angrily eliminate the enemy shrooms he was pressing entirely to hard.

I now have some seriously bleed behind the corner of the screen where the offending shrooms were. Also there are blue streaks in the same corner. which are in my opinion a much worse eyesore than the bleeding.

I assume he has not only pushed the LCD away from the digitizer, but also irreparably damaged the LCD it'self. However I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I can do to fix the streaking. I am going to tear it apart and try to fix the bleed issue.
I actually have the same thing, have had it on 3 separate units too. Gave up on trying to get a new one after the third and will be trying to send it int asus. None have suffered any damage or abuse either.

Lars5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem out of the box. mine looks like a warped outline of the motherboard. I've been on the fence about loosening the screws on the motherboard to see if that helps, but that means removing the warranty sticker. Has anyone else tried?