XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Different CROMI variants

Tip us?

danny6869
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Different CROMI variants

Where can i find information on all of the different CROMI variants? I just installed CROMi 3.x...and amm now wondering if this is the most evolved of the roks for my tf700. Can anyone advise on this??? Also...If I switch to another cromi rom...can i keep my apps/data without issue???

berndblb
Old
(Last edited by berndblb; 18th December 2013 at 08:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 613
CROMi 3.x was based on the Asus JB 4.1 firmware and is really old, outdated and will not get developed anymore.
sbdags moved on to CROMi-X based on the Asus 4.2.1 firmware, the latest version - hot off the presses a few days ago - being 5.2.3.
Look for his thread in the Development section and prepare yourself: The thread is 331 pages long (3300 posts and counting) and growing by 2 or 3 every day!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425383

Read the OP carefully and use the search tool for stuff you don't understand.

You can dirty flash (flashing without wiping anything but cache and Dalvic) to the latest CROMi-X version, but it is not recommended. You may run into a lot of legacy problems if you don't start with a clean slate. You should do a factory wipe in TWRP before you flash the new rom which will wipe your apps, but not your data. It is worth investing the time to clean install CROMi-X. You probably would spend way more time troubleshooting if you dirty flash.
Check out Titanium Backup, use the backup function of your custom launcher if you have one, and restoring your system is a matter of an hour of your time with a little planning and practice.

First thing you have to do though, is update your bootloader and probably your recovery. Check the OP for instructions.

sbdags not only created a wonderful rom for the TF700 but also a very fun community of people hanging out in his thread. Come and join us
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danny6869
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
CROMi 3.x was based on the Asus JB 4.1 firmware and is really old, outdated and will not get developed anymore.
sbdags moved on to CROMi-X based on the Asus 4.2.1 firmware, the latest version - hot off the presses a few days ago - being 5.2.3.
Look for his thread in the Development section and prepare yourself: The thread is 331 pages long (3300 posts and counting) and growing by 2 or 3 every day!
Thanks a bunch! This is what I figured after poking around a bit more. The good news for me is, I'm not far into setting up this 3.x CROMi, so a full wipe doesn't hurt so much.

XabiX666
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Will CROMIx support 4.3 which seems to be released in some countries over OTA?

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 613
CROMI-X is based on Asus stock. So if Asus releases 4.3 then: probably

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk