XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] newbie here

Tip us?

rodlr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] newbie here

i have a maylong m270 tablet can anyone plz tell me,how to gain acesess to root,i cant find anything on this tablet,it is android 4.0.4 the kernal is 3.0.8 the build number is rockchip imm76d,any help would be very appreciated much .. thanks rod

The-Captain
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3162
Hi, if you searched for it on Google and XDA (as I just did to check), it likely has not been rooted yet. Sorry! The best thing you could do is to google search and search XDA every week or so, maybe something will turn up soon!

pkopalek
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I might get one of these, as they're $100 on Target's website for Cyber Monday.

Not enough people have them for someone to invest the time into rooting, but a common root method might work...
Paul Kopalek
pkopalek@gmail.com
HTC Eris - xtrSense 5 @ 768mhz Retired
Samsung Fascinate - CM 7, Glitch HL @ 1600mhz stable Retired
HTC Rezound/Vigor

d34lz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet M-270

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkopalek View Post
I might get one of these, as they're $100 on Target's website for Cyber Monday.

Not enough people have them for someone to invest the time into rooting, but a common root method might work...
Got mines at walmart for $79. I have the same kernel as him except my firmware version is 4.0.3.
Still can't find anything on this damn tablet. Almost wish I didn't buy it heheh.

vcsack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Supposedly root is available on M-270 but I still can't install Superuser. su is present in xbin too. I tried to use superoneclick and it said it was rooted then I tried to continue with root anyway and it froze. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution yet?

ZipLipZ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcsack View Post
Supposedly root is available on M-270 but I still can't install Superuser. su is present in xbin too. I tried to use superoneclick and it said it was rooted then I tried to continue with root anyway and it froze. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution yet?
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same tablet and want to root it.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Spikebob21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This Tablet is surprisenly fast... runs as smooth as a 4th Gen I POD.. haven't had any issues so far decent tablet to play around on... i do need a root as well just so i can mod some game files :P GAMES run super smooth even intense graphics like shooting games... no lag at all colors are rich i was very surprised because of the price i thought it was gonna be a bust.. but with an HDMI slot SDslot.. no special charger needed just use any new phone cords, a 1GHZ processor running ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) ITS A GREAT TAB! runs great haven't had to long to comment on battery life but i do suggest if u want a tablet to start out with get this one... really nice and fun! Please notify me of any updates on this topic i suggest a DEV go get one and play with us :PPPP

Thanks Guys Please Help Me Soon! :P -Spikebob

mtnickels
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

I successfully rooted my Maylong M270 by using the software in the linked thread. I was able to install Google Play, and from there I updated SuperUser and BusyBox. Titanium Backup works properly. Without a custom kernel, overclocking is impossible for the moment, and I'm not too sure on how a kernel (or custom recovery and ROM for that matter) can be ported, but the root is here and working.

kingfhb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnickels View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

I successfully rooted my Maylong M270 by using the software in the linked thread. I was able to install Google Play, and from there I updated SuperUser and BusyBox. Titanium Backup works properly. Without a custom kernel, overclocking is impossible for the moment, and I'm not too sure on how a kernel (or custom recovery and ROM for that matter) can be ported, but the root is here and working.
I call bogus on this post. I tried both means to root the Maylong M270 using this method and it does not work. Instead of just posting "I DID IT", why not help out the users and post HOW you did it... simply following the links and downloads on the post you've referenced doesn't do it.

CountXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodlr View Post
i have a maylong m270 tablet can anyone plz tell me,how to gain acesess to root,i cant find anything on this tablet,it is android 4.0.4 the kernal is 3.0.8 the build number is rockchip imm76d,any help would be very appreciated much .. thanks rod
I know it's been way long since the OP, but a tool called "ICS root" (can be found on SourceForge) will unlock this tablet. The device is a bit temperamental so once you run the .bat in terminal, you will have to manually restart and log back into the tablet before continuing each prompt at the terminal. Eventually after 2 -3 prompts, the .bat will be finished and the tablet will "update Android", a sign that you have successfully rooted.

Good luck all.