5,593,587 Members 38,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]My phone will not boot, I keeps loop booting and won't get past the initial screen

Tip us?

rubsnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]My phone will not boot, I keeps loop booting and won't get past the initial screen

Ok, I went to take a picture and it freaked the **** out. Now I rooted my phone when I got it, I have done nothing else other then Xposed modules and since it start acting up I've literally done nothing else. I only get the screen that says custom and then blah nothing else. I swapped battery (got another battery from samsung directly) and I have no idea wtf to do. Don't recommened ****ing flashing **** or whatever because I have everything stock. This should not happened. I wiped dalvik cache and cache and it was within recovery but my phone can't boot, I removed SD card, sim card and sometimes it'll boot be on for a couple minutes and bam same issue.... WHAT THE FLYING **** CAN I DO? I need this phone ASAP.... I'm this close to just tossing it over the edge and getting a new one.... it's a flying piece of **** and **** samsung!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2224
You might have to start from scratch and determine if it's a hardware issue. Do you know what firmware you're on? Also back everything up because if you start from scratch, we'll that's the what you'll have.

rubsnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, I managed to get it on again, made some calls uninstall some apps, but then it ****ing freaked out again. I have the firmware that was on when it was released. I got the first batch of 32gb's S4's haven't changed the firmware since... to prevent this type of ****. UGH! So after a phone call my phone just bleeped again and ****ed up. So I don't understand anything anymore.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubsnick View Post
Thanks, I managed to get it on again, made some calls uninstall some apps, but then it ****ing freaked out again. I have the firmware that was on when it was released. I got the first batch of 32gb's S4's haven't changed the firmware since... to prevent this type of ****. UGH! So after a phone call my phone just bleeped again and ****ed up. So I don't understand anything anymore.
So you used odin to flash mdl firmware?

rubsnick
Old
(Last edited by rubsnick; 1st March 2014 at 09:40 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've done nothing in regards to flashing. I have not connected my phone to my computer. I've done nothing at all. other then keep trying to turn it on over and over again.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubsnick View Post
I've done nothing in regards to flashing. I have not connected my phone to my computer. I've done nothing at all.
Well you might have to to see if it's a hardware issue. I would suggest flashing the firmware you're currently on through Odin

rubsnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How am I supposed to do that if the phone just won't be recognized by anything? it's ****ing dead now. It shows me the Samsung Custom lock and logo and then nothing. I press the power button and nothing, I have to remove the batter and put it back in to see that screen.

rubsnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok now it randomly is charging and now I can turn it on again, no problem, after I forcefully press the power button and some other random things... could I have an issue wiht my power button staying pressed? why would it do that? how can I fix this? I'm willing to open it up. I'm currently doing a backup in titanium backup and so far it seems ok. Recieved a phone call, phone is charging and everything is ok. how do I boot it into safe mode?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2224
http://m.samsung.com/us/support/faq/...SGH-I337ZWAATT

rubsnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, I believe the cause was a stuck power button.