XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Someone checking for MK2 odin tar?

Tip us?

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2126

DONATE TO ME
Default Someone checking for MK2 odin tar?

Okay since im on MDK/ME7 (have two S4's) I cant check Verizon Upgrade assistant or Kies. Is someone checking to see if they have released the odin image? They upgraded the bootloaders (yes I confirmed this myself) so it leads me to believe they will release an odin tar. We need the odin tar for custom roms etc.

To check if they have released it you will have to be on MJ7/MK2 and if Verizon upgrade assisstant says theres an update or says you can use the repair assisstant then that means you can grab the odin tar. Im typing on my phone or id give more detailed instructions on how to grab it. At this point if someone confirms it exists then we'll go from there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iwearthebelt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Okay since im on MDK/ME7 (have two S4's) I cant check Verizon Upgrade assistant or Kies. Is someone checking to see if they have released the odin image? They upgraded the bootloaders (yes I confirmed this myself) so it leads me to believe they will release an odin tar. We need the odin tar for custom roms etc.

To check if they have released it you will have to be on MJ7/MK2 and if Verizon upgrade assisstant says theres an update or says you can use the repair assisstant then that means you can grab the odin tar. Im typing on my phone or id give more detailed instructions on how to grab it. At this point if someone confirms it exists then we'll go from there.

Both the .tar file and a flashable zip exist. I'm running the MK2 modem now, flashed it yesterday. I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link here for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298 Here you go. Its in the OP.

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwearthebelt View Post
Both the .tar file and a flashable zip exist. I'm running the MK2 modem now, flashed it yesterday. I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link here for you.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298 Here you go. Its in the OP.

Pretty sure he's looking for the full mk2 firmware...not just modem

iwearthebelt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
Pretty sure he's looking for the full mk2 firmware...not just modem
I didn't realize he was looking for the firmware until after I replied. My bad.

equake
Old
Thanks Meter 36
The sammobile.com site actually has these the Odin Factory images for our device now including the latest MK2.

I have the MJ7 image downloaded so if someone wants to host this file I can upload it to make it a mirror.

The site has MI1, MJ7, MK2 Rom images.

Unfortunately I have the Developer Edition and can't use any of them.

My 2 cents

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by equake View Post
The sammobile.com site actually has these the Odin Factory images for our device now including the latest MK2.

I have the MJ7 image downloaded so if someone wants to host this file I can upload it to make it a mirror.

The site has MI1, MJ7, MK2 Rom images.

Unfortunately I have the Developer Edition and can't use any of them.

My 2 cents

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4
I just checked sammobile I couldn't find it there. They usually don't post USA firmware there I thought...maybe I've been out of it for a while or something do you have a link?

darkness66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm a total noob, does this mean I can't root my mk2 phone until these files become available?

equake
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
I just checked sammobile I couldn't find it there. They usually don't post USA firmware there I thought...maybe I've been out of it for a while or something do you have a link?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/

The link will allow you to select the device. It won't let you download until you sign on to your account. It may be a slow download since the file is over 1.4GB .

Here is the direct link to the download http://moderock.terafile.co:182/d/bq...ZWEMK2_VZW.zip

My 2 cents

The Following User Says Thank You to equake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]