XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NOOB needs help!!!!

Tip us?

basswiigee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] NOOB needs help!!!!

ok, I referred here by a friend after explaining what is going on.... my wife has a sharp FX plus... and it has been a problem since day one with the memory... I read the Q & A sticky, but don't know what I need to do in order to fix the problem so once I figure that out I should be ok.

the sharp says storage device is full on phone, if she gets two text messages it is full, she repeatedly daily has to uninstall games and erase all messages the phone does not give the option to move unused apps to the sd card or to erase unused apps, not to mention if she has mms on she can't receive texts and if she has text on she can't download mms.... like I said I'm new to all this... does anyone know how to fix this she loves the phone and the slide out keyboard and hates how big new phones are so I'm here to see if I can find a fix.... please help so I can put a smile on the wifes face!!!!

basswiigee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
wow, not even a shot in the dark.... thats crazy.... I know there has got to be something....there is stuff all over the web so I guess I'm off to search.... I've softmodded alot of console so I should be able to get it down pretty quick, just need a direction to go.....

RamRaja
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Post Need more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswiigee View Post
The phone does not give the option to move unused apps to the sd card or to erase unused apps
What do you mean here... It sounds like your saying you have to "use" the app first in order for it to be moved or erased? Which im sure is not the case.

Respond with details of what ROM/ android version, build, memory option, etc. These are things needed to know before any help can be given because suggestions vary especially if you are rooted.
... But try this first, go to settings --> Storeage --> Internal memory and respond with either a screen shot or details if privacy is an issue. I would figure you will find the 'heavy' items there to delete... usually multimedia and not apps are the culprit.