Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Performance of v500 versus v510

Tip us?

ash99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default [Q] Performance of v500 versus v510

Hi,

Has anyone been able to actually compare the real world performance of the v500 and the v510. For anyone that doesn't know these are the non-Google play and the Google Play editions.

The hardware seems to be the same but one runs Android 4.2.2 and the other Android 4.4.2.

The original v500 seems run the chrome browser a bit laggy and I'm wondering if if the v510 does the same or does running on vanilla Android KitKat 4.4.2 help it.

Thanks

Ash.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MrGBD
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Look at the verge they reviewed both !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to MrGBD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

testadeferro
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBD View Post
Look at the verge they reviewed both !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5...e-play-edition
Want better cloud storage?
https://copy.com?r=W7QktP

Devices:
Note 3 SM-N9005
LG 4X HD
Xperia neo (great camera!)
Asus memo pad 7 (what a great budget thing)!

LG G GPAD 8.3 (GOOD)
IPAD MINI

Former phones:
Asus transformer TF-101
Samsung Galaxy s4 LTE 9505
Samsung galaxy s3
Nexus 7 with multirom boot and ubuntu 13.05
Samsung galaxy s2 (great device!)
Xperia S ( great desilusition); Xperia X10 mini pro; Galaxy tab P1000; Samsung galaxy mini
ZTE BLADE
The Following User Says Thank You to testadeferro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techrider6262
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to techrider6262 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clemson77on
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider6262 View Post
I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.
Well it was Verge. I'm sure the article was written on an iPad sporting a picture of Steve Jobs wearing a black turtleneck for a background.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to clemson77on For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider6262 View Post
Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustbepbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

testadeferro
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.
The review was not so bad. Anyway I saw the site is a fan boy site. I've a I pad mini and for me the gpad it's miles better...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
Want better cloud storage?
https://copy.com?r=W7QktP

Devices:
Note 3 SM-N9005
LG 4X HD
Xperia neo (great camera!)
Asus memo pad 7 (what a great budget thing)!

LG G GPAD 8.3 (GOOD)
IPAD MINI

Former phones:
Asus transformer TF-101
Samsung Galaxy s4 LTE 9505
Samsung galaxy s3
Nexus 7 with multirom boot and ubuntu 13.05
Samsung galaxy s2 (great device!)
Xperia S ( great desilusition); Xperia X10 mini pro; Galaxy tab P1000; Samsung galaxy mini
ZTE BLADE

ASW1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
The review is not that bad really.
And as for comparison between the LGE and GPE this is mentioned:
Quote:
The two G Pads are technologically identical ó a Snapdragon 600 processor clocked at 1.7GHz, and 2GB of RAM ó but the Google Play Edition is faster at every turn. Chrome opens a half-second faster, and renders pages much more quickly. Multitasking menus open quicker, apps resume sooner, even the keyboard pops up a full beat earlier on the Google Play Edition G Pad 8.3. Itís not that the skinned model is slow, far from it: it plays even intensive games like Asphalt 8: Airborne well, and nothing ever felt overly laggy. But stock KitKat clearly comes with a huge speed boost, and switching from one model to the other for days at a time, I always noticed the difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to ASW1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadowgolf
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
The review is not that bad really.
And as for comparison between the LGE and GPE this is mentioned:
My experience with the non GPE version as regards Chrome is that it opens near instantaneously, if the GPE version was half a second quicker it would be opening before you tapped the icon
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowgolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kerheol
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgolf View Post
My experience with the non GPE version as regards Chrome is that it opens near instantaneously, if the GPE version was half a second quicker it would be opening before you tapped the icon
+1000

Best comment I've read in days XDDDDD

I agree. Non GPE version is pretty fast.

Enviado desde mi LG-V500 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kerheol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]