[Q] Performance of v500 versus v510

OP ash99

18th December 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

341 posts
More
Hi,

Has anyone been able to actually compare the real world performance of the v500 and the v510. For anyone that doesn't know these are the non-Google play and the Google Play editions.

The hardware seems to be the same but one runs Android 4.2.2 and the other Android 4.4.2.

The original v500 seems run the chrome browser a bit laggy and I'm wondering if if the v510 does the same or does running on vanilla Android KitKat 4.4.2 help it.

Thanks

Ash.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
18th December 2013, 10:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Look at the verge they reviewed both !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to MrGBD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 03:00 PM   |  #3  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 299

859 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBD

Look at the verge they reviewed both !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5...e-play-edition
The Following User Says Thank You to testadeferro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pennsville
Thanks Meter: 20

152 posts
More
I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to techrider6262 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 22

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider6262

I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.

Well it was Verge. I'm sure the article was written on an iPad sporting a picture of Steve Jobs wearing a black turtleneck for a background.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to clemson77on For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 05:13 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 297

844 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider6262

Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustbepbs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 05:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 299

859 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs

Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.

The review was not so bad. Anyway I saw the site is a fan boy site. I've a I pad mini and for me the gpad it's miles better...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
18th December 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #8  
Staatsliedenbuurt
Thanks Meter: 35

253 posts
The review is not that bad really.
And as for comparison between the LGE and GPE this is mentioned:
Quote:

The two G Pads are technologically identical ó a Snapdragon 600 processor clocked at 1.7GHz, and 2GB of RAM ó but the Google Play Edition is faster at every turn. Chrome opens a half-second faster, and renders pages much more quickly. Multitasking menus open quicker, apps resume sooner, even the keyboard pops up a full beat earlier on the Google Play Edition G Pad 8.3. Itís not that the skinned model is slow, far from it: it plays even intensive games like Asphalt 8: Airborne well, and nothing ever felt overly laggy. But stock KitKat clearly comes with a huge speed boost, and switching from one model to the other for days at a time, I always noticed the difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to ASW1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1

The review is not that bad really.
And as for comparison between the LGE and GPE this is mentioned:

My experience with the non GPE version as regards Chrome is that it opens near instantaneously, if the GPE version was half a second quicker it would be opening before you tapped the icon
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowgolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgolf

My experience with the non GPE version as regards Chrome is that it opens near instantaneously, if the GPE version was half a second quicker it would be opening before you tapped the icon

+1000

Best comment I've read in days XDDDDD

I agree. Non GPE version is pretty fast.

Enviado desde mi LG-V500 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kerheol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread