Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SPH-L520 HELP!

Tip us?

Samuraiblade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SPH-L520 HELP!

I made an incredibly stupid mistake and didn't notice what the actual model number for my S4 Mini was. I used a guide to root it as if it were a GT-I9195 and now I've completely screwed it up. When it booted I couldn't connect to any type of network and the soft keys didn't work at all. I tried to install what I thought was the original firmware to the phone, but again didn't know I had the wrong model number. How do I restore my phone to its original state? I no longer care if it is rooted or not, I would just like to have a working cell phone again.

kc6wke
Old
(Last edited by kc6wke; 18th December 2013 at 06:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraiblade View Post
I made an incredibly stupid mistake and didn't notice what the actual model number for my S4 Mini was. I used a guide to root it as if it were a GT-I9195 and now I've completely screwed it up. When it booted I couldn't connect to any type of network and the soft keys didn't work at all. I tried to install what I thought was the original firmware to the phone, but again didn't know I had the wrong model number. How do I restore my phone to its original state? I no longer care if it is rooted or not, I would just like to have a working cell phone again.
You can flash the stock firmware
http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...evice=SPH-L520
Then root with kingo

Dont feel too bad, I bricked mine
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kc6wke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samuraiblade
Old
(Last edited by Samuraiblade; 19th December 2013 at 12:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6wke View Post
You can flash the stock firmware

Then root with kingo

Dont feel too bad, I bricked mine
I tried to flash the stock firmware and it is now stuck at the Sprint Spark screen.

dominique.j.lopez
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default It Happens

Did you wipe data/cache? try to reflash it again i did this to my phone the first day i got it lol....Im now running stock rooted. Waiting for a ROM to be developed for us SPH-L520 Users.
The Following User Says Thank You to dominique.j.lopez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samuraiblade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominique.j.lopez View Post
Did you wipe data/cache? try to reflash it again i did this to my phone the first day i got it lol....Im now running stock rooted. Waiting for a ROM to be developed for us SPH-L520 Users.
One day I will learn how to use a Samsung device. This has brought me closer to that day. The phone is now booted and downloading all it's Sprint crap. Thank you for the final piece to this puzzle.

kemikill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am not able to download the stock firmware for the SPH-L520. Can someone re-up the file and post the link ASAP. Thanks.

daddygame
Old
(Last edited by daddygame; 9th February 2014 at 04:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemikill View Post
I am not able to download the stock firmware for the SPH-L520. Can someone re-up the file and post the link ASAP. Thanks.
ill be posting a new link pretty soon i gotta upload it

here it is as promissed.... mediafire.com/download/ittpe38u843mdm0/SPR-L520VPUAMK2-20131115204826.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to daddygame For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joanzin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did the same thing but now I have no baseband and no imei number. can anyone please help me? I would be forever grateful. I have the same phone (SPH-L520) on a sprint network. I have no network or wifi. =( Silly me didn't look to make sure had the right model when rooting. =(
Thanks in advance!!

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanzin View Post
I did the same thing but now I have no baseband and no imei number. can anyone please help me? I would be forever grateful. I have the same phone (SPH-L520) on a sprint network. I have no network or wifi. =( Silly me didn't look to make sure had the right model when rooting. =(
Thanks in advance!!
Never mind. I got it worked out and finally got it to work.

xisrab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how do put the firmware on my phone to restore it..i downloaded the software now I don't know what to do with it..some1 help plz

RealMrFun
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xisrab View Post
how do put the firmware on my phone to restore it..i downloaded the software now I don't know what to do with it..some1 help plz
Did you find a solution? I am in the same boat as you...