XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tring to unroot LG G2X

Tip us?

babykat730
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tring to unroot LG G2X

I bought a LG G2X from someone and they failed to tell me the phone was rooted, I have no clue what to do with a rooted phone and honestly I don't care to have that access. Could someone please help me unroot this phone. I know enough about cell phones since I did sell them. When I got the phone it was in safe mode, I rebooted it and did a wipe of the phone and seen that it had superuser on it. I have all the information with the phone but not sure what to do so that I can update this device. PLEASE HELP! I can't afford to brick the phone at this moment since I have no clue what I'm doing. Thank you.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
I'll tell you off the bat I do not know how to unroot this device. I will also tell you that this phone is worth its weight in sh*t if its not rooted. If you do a little reading around the stickies you'll see this phone is nearly impossible to hard brick. Most of the time a full wipe and reflash or nandroid save fixes the worst of issues. We have had some amazing developers create awesome software for this device that I think you would love to experience.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

babykat730
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, the only reason i want to unroot is since I can't update my phone it keeps turning off for no reason and sometimes it will take 15 minutes to place a call, I need to shut it off or do a battery pull all the time for the phone to function, thank you very very much for your info I greatly appreciate it I'm thinking it over or I need to figure out how to upgrade while rooted

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
When you say "upgrade" do you mean the software on the phone or upgrading to a new phone in general? If you do some searching you can find some stock unrooted roms that you can flash I believe. If I were you I would flash vanilla Cyanogen Mod 7. It is the most stable ROM for this device and offers wonderful customization options. The only thing that will not work is blue tooth calling. You can find the latest nightly build at get.cm. If you wish to make battery life better there are great developers for this device who have manufactured some awesome kernels that can be overclocked and undervolted. I'm currently running CM7 with Trinity's MAX 1500 kernel overclocked to 1.2mhz and undervolted across the board. I get amazing battery life and buttery smooth performance.

mansa_noob
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Use ROM for recovery nvflash method to return to stock. Then you can update either OTA or using the kdz method.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248644

[ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

The noob says:

In the absence of a valid argument, 2+1=3 may be used to explain why the g2x did not get the ICS update!

AlanS145
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Un rooting LG G2

Hello,

I am new to the whole rooting and Roms on android phones, but I need a bit of help, a friend of mine rooted my LG g2
And the phone was working fine for a couple of days until now. Right now the phone is not responding I can't get any texts or make phone calls it says error 16 . What can I do? Please help.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
No idea, this is the t-mobile lg G2X forum. You have the LG G2. Here's a link to the correct forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2

Good luck.