[Q] Galaxy S4 Unroot / Unbrick Problems

Tip us?

MattLife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S4 Unroot / Unbrick Problems

Hello,

I have a problem unrooting/unbricking my Galaxy S4 for Verizon. I followed step-by-step processes and it seems to not work properly for me. I downloaded "Odin3 v.1.85" and the stock firmware, "GalaxyS4/SCH-i545/VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip" and "SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5" for Verizon. I put my phone into the Download Mode and began the process of unrooting using Odin. I made sure that my device was connected. I clicked PDA and chose the stock firmware for my phone. I clicked Start and it begins. As soon is it begins, it says it is not responding, but I wait a few seconds and it responds. After that, it continues where it left off for the unrooting process. The process turned out to be a fail. Here's the message:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It has failed and when I attempt to reboot my phone, it gives me a message that says, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I attempted the Kies process, and it would not connect my device to Kies. Please help. I feel as if I were the only user with this problem. Thank you.

goosedaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
sounds like you were already on v7 baseband try getting that stock image and go through odin.
because you cant go back to the original baseband (which is the md5 you listed) but I had similiar issues.

MattLife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedaddy View Post
sounds like you were already on v7 baseband try getting that stock image and go through odin.
because you cant go back to the original baseband (which is the md5 you listed) but I had similiar issues.
Seems like it's tough luck for me. What do you suggest I do? Did you resolve any of your similar issues?

goosedaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
yep. I only wanted to make sure you did install the update or otherwise some of the 32gb s4 come with it preinstalled.
just saying this because updating to me7 is irreversible you wont be able to flash roms right now only apply a root
download the me7 md5 this time and do all the same steps I followed this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259
hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to goosedaddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MattLife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
yep. I only wanted to make sure you did install the update or otherwise some of the 32gb s4 come with it preinstalled.
just saying this because updating to me7 is irreversible you wont be able to flash roms right now only apply a root
download the me7 md5 this time and do all the same steps I followed this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259
hope this helps
Alright. I'll follow these steps and I'll get back to here and let you know. Thank you.

MattLife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in the process of downloading the ME7 you told me about, but isn't this rooting my phone? I want to reformat my phone and have everything wiped out.

goosedaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLife View Post
I'm in the process of downloading the ME7 you told me about, but isn't this rooting my phone? I want to reformat my phone and have everything wiped out.

nope its a stock image so everything will be like when you first got it. not sure if some data will be there but you will not be rooted.

the root process is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381382

MattLife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
nope its a stock image so everything will be like when you first got it. not sure if some data will be there but you will not be rooted.

the root process is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381382
This really helped me! Thank you so much! It's been fixed.

goosedaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLife View Post
This really helped me! Thank you so much! It's been fixed.

Awesome! Glad it all worked out.

gregorykbrownjr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Trying to unroot and revert to stock and I have soft bricked my galaxy s4! The charging port is gone so I cannot use a computer to fix this...I have searched everywhere for help and am stuck! Anyone have any suggestions???