5,597,138 Members 43,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] should I ask for warranty replacement?

Tip us?

custer32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] should I ask for warranty replacement?

So I have a droid maxx that I got on Verizon edge right when it came out. My friend asked to listen to music on it during chemistry today at school and he freaked out and came up to me and said "I don't know how this happened." Well turns out he broke off the end of his headphones in my jack. Now music won't play from the speakers and I can't plug in headphones. I'm afraid to try to take it out because if I damage anything in there then I wont be able to return it when my 6 months on the edge contract is up. Would warranty cover this? And I have some light scratches on my screen, I don't know if that would cause an issue with getting a replacement from warranty or returning it to "edge up"?

bwheelies
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Take the end of a q-tip and dab a little glue on it and put the two ends together. Not enough glue to cause sticking to the sides of the headphone port. Pull it out once hardened. I tiny dab of super glue could work if it sticks to the q-tip.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

You could take it to an electronics repair outfit and they may have certain pliers that could pull it out.

custer32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwheelies View Post
Take the end of a q-tip and dab a little glue on it and put the two ends together. Not enough glue to cause sticking to the sides of the headphone port. Pull it out once hardened. I tiny dab of super glue could work if it sticks to the q-tip.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

You could take it to an electronics repair outfit and they may have certain pliers that could pull it out.

Good idea, but I'm not around any electronic shops to where I'd be able to have it taken out. I'm afraid its too far inside to be able to do the glue thing tho.

cparekh
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOi8H13CizM
Sometimes I forget that I have a photographic memory.

bwheelies
Old
Thanks Meter 74
You could go to a hardware store, get a screw that is close in diameter to the headphone jack and use the glue. Just using the littlest amount possible so it does not squeeze or run is the most important part.