XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in bootloop, tried (almost?) everything

Tip us?

Xelstyle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] Stuck in bootloop, tried (almost?) everything

The background story: Was having a lot of FC issues with Beanstalk 4.4, along with other things like battery life/signal that I was growing to be unhappy with and decided to flash one of the 4.3 ROMs with Note 3 features on the fly. I didn't have signal after doing so (didn't read all the comments so I do know this is all my fault) and thought that I would have needed to flash the 4.3 bootloader that was suggested in the OP since using the modems I had on hand did not help.

End result, phone was perpetually stuck in bootloop.

Symptoms: Doesn't go past the Samsung splash screen with the logo flashing. Even when plugging it in it's stuck on the empty battery with the loading wheel.

Attempted solutions:
  • I have tried the EFR attempt but could not get Kies to recognize my Note II in downloading mode. Kies is currently updated to the lastest 2.6.1.x.x.x
  • The emergency code option isn't viable since I don't have one(?)
  • Flashed the appropriate stock ROM (for Bell SGH-I317M) through Odin as it was recognized, but still cannot get past bootloop.
  • Tried firmware upgrade and initlization instead, PC cannot download firmware to device
  • Attempted to flash other ROMs both stock and whatnot through CWM. Doesn't seem like it'll take anymore AOSP mixed/based ROMs as they all fail?

With all of these attempts I have pulled out the battery for a little bit prior to actually performing the restoration.
Hopefully somebody can point out a mistake or something I need to do instead.

And as a side note, the Galaxy S2 is too damn small and Windows phones (Lumia 1020) kind of....suck.
Phones:
| Samsung Galaxy S2 (Retired) | HTC One V (Retired) | Samsung Galaxy Note (Sold) | HTC One XL (Sold) | Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx |
| Samsung Galaxy Note II (Retired) | LG Nexus 4 | Nokia Lumia 1020 (Sold) | Sony Xperia Z Ultra |

Tablets:
| Asus TF101 (Retired) | Asus TF201 (Retired) | Sony Xperia Tablet Z (Sold) |

Xelstyle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Bump. Hopefully somebody can point something I missed.
Phones:
| Samsung Galaxy S2 (Retired) | HTC One V (Retired) | Samsung Galaxy Note (Sold) | HTC One XL (Sold) | Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx |
| Samsung Galaxy Note II (Retired) | LG Nexus 4 | Nokia Lumia 1020 (Sold) | Sony Xperia Z Ultra |

Tablets:

bbrennan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Have you tried Odin to stock then wiping all user data/ factory reset?
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrennan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xelstyle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrennan View Post
Have you tried Odin to stock then wiping all user data/ factory reset?
Attempting to wipe anything other than cache in CWM gives me an error mounting.
Phones:

Tablets:

bbrennan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
If you Odin to stock it would have factory recovery on it, not cwm, Odin to factory then under stock recovery wipe data factory reset
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrennan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xelstyle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrennan View Post
If you Odin to stock it would have factory recovery on it, not cwm, Odin to factory then under stock recovery wipe data factory reset
You sir, deserve the rest of the day off with a pat on the back and a beer in hand. Many thanks!
Phones:

Tablets: