Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle Fire HDX QHSUSB_BULK Fix...

Tip us?

GSLEON3
Old
(Last edited by GSLEON3; 13th June 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Default Kindle Fire HDX QHSUSB_BULK Fix...

sa·yo·na·ra
ˌsīəˈnärə/
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fierce_brake
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a lot for the info !
I bet some dudes will be really happy to get their devices back up and running again
Only Jesus Saves
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

vdsno1
Old
(Last edited by vdsno1; 19th December 2013 at 02:28 PM.) Reason: Wrong language
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

In case of lost boot I can not use this way????

GSLEON3
Old
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsno1 View Post
In case of lost boot I can not use this way????
It is going to depend on why you lost boot. This really only applies to those that forced their device into Fastboot mode, particularly anyone that used a Factory Fastboot cable, when you have a condition where the device will not turn back on. It times out of QHSUSB_BULK mode & then is reset by a long hold power condition.

If you made changes to certain system files without properly applying permissions, this could also possibly help. If you however, completely removed system files, then I have no idea. I have not tested that yet, though it seems that it may as the HDX does appear to hold a good portion of the raw firmware on-board for some reason I have not been able to completely determine yet.

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vdsno1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
It is going to depend on why you lost boot. This really only applies to those that forced their device into Fastboot mode, particularly anyone that used a Factory Fastboot cable, when you have a condition where the device will not turn back on. It times out of QHSUSB_BULK mode & then is reset by a long hold power condition.

If you made changes to certain system files without properly applying permissions, this could also possibly help. If you however, completely removed system files, then I have no idea. I have not tested that yet, though it seems that it may as the HDX does appear to hold a good portion of the raw firmware on-board for some reason I have not been able to completely determine yet.
Can you give me the link of the software QHSUSB_BULK or not????? I can not find out, and apparently my kindle fire is completely white and 1 computer file no longer anything I'm also trying to recover!

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I have seen one of the original rom on kindle fire hdx address: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201357190

But the problem here is that I can not be restored with the original rom, I can not connect memory to copy this rom to proceed very difficult recovery method one can not??

Moronig
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay. There is a secondary reset in the Kindle Fire HDX Bootloader.

Those of you that have the previously thought brick that gives you the QHSUSB_BULK device USB install, you are NOT bricked.

you need to let the device sit for a few minutes & then press & hold the power button for several minutes. I have successfully recovered from this state doing this (purposely) numerous times. Be patient. Let your device sit in BULK mode for 5 minutes WITHOUT touching anything. Leave it unplugged & do not press any buttons.

After 5 minutes, press & hold ONLY the power button for approximately 2 minutes. It should boot in approximately 90 second to 2 minutes, after which, immediately release the power button & let the device restart.

This works for me on BOTH HDX 7 & 8.9 devices without fail.
I'll try this when I get home, thanks!
Find my apps: AutoProxy

GSLEON3
Old
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsno1 View Post
Can you give me the link of the software QHSUSB_BULK or not????? I can not find out, and apparently my kindle fire is completely white and 1 computer file no longer anything I'm also trying to recover!

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I have seen one of the original rom on kindle fire hdx address: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201357190

But the problem here is that I can not be restored with the original rom, I can not connect memory to copy this rom to proceed very difficult recovery method one can not??
There is no software. That is a QC diagnostic mode that sits between DLOAD & the bootloader. It may be possible to trigger DLOAD from this mode, however, currently, I do not know if the appropriate driver is available, nor do I know any of the commands that may be used to trigger DLOAD. Likely, since fastboot does not recognize commands, there is a security element that requires a password/key to be sent before, or with any fastboot or DLOAD commands.

I did however reply in YOUR thread & have yet to see any response. I am not sure what you mean by "all white". Are you saying your device powers on, but will not fully boot? If this is the case, you may be able to use ADB to push the system folder, after remounting the partition as R/W, which should restore the files you removed.

TOM XIE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Those of you that have the previously thought brick that gives you the QHSUSB_BULK device USB install, you are NOT bricked.

you need to let the device sit for a few minutes & then press & hold the power button for several minutes. I have successfully recovered from this state doing this (purposely) numerous times. Be patient. Let your device sit in BULK mode for 5 minutes WITHOUT touching anything. Leave it unplugged & do not press any buttons.

After 5 minutes, press & hold ONLY the power button for approximately 2 minutes. It should boot in approximately 90 second to 2 minutes, after which, immediately release the power button & let the device restart.

I am at this point right now.Could you please tell me more details like what the kindle show at every step?

Roogephy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It just turn on and turn off. Never sit in a bulk mode.

Quote:

Never sit in a bulk mode. I have been pushing the power bution for ten minutes.It just turn on and turn off cyclely.

GSLEON3
Old
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roogephy View Post
Never sit in a bulk mode. I have been pushing the power bution for ten minutes.It just turn on and turn off cyclely.
This is only for devices that are stuck in QC HSUSB_BULK mode. If your device bootloops, then it is NOT in this mode. What did you do to it? I need info, concise info on what you did, so I can MAYBE tell you how to start going at recovering it. Also, is it 7" or 8.9"?