5,599,190 Members 35,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in Recovery Boot after updating TWRP, L710 d2spr

Tip us?
 
Reivaj1803
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Azusa

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Stuck in Recovery Boot after updating TWRP, L710 d2spr

Hello,

I downloaded the latest TWRP through goo manager. All seemed ok with no issues noted.
I have/had Slimbean 4.3 and was going to update to 4.4.2 Slimkat but needed to update my recovery.
I downloaded and installed it through Goo Manager
After which I rebooted into recovery and now I'm stuck in the black screen bootloader "RECOVERY BOOTING..."
I tried to reboot and even remove the battery but no go past to where I am.

I have a galaxy s3 L710 d2spr

Any and all help to get out of this will greatly be appreciated.
 
montecarlo5
Old
#2  
montecarlo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 306
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivaj1803 View Post
Hello,

I downloaded the latest TWRP through goo manager. All seemed ok with no issues noted.
I have/had Slimbean 4.3 and was going to update to 4.4.2 Slimkat but needed to update my recovery.
I downloaded and installed it through Goo Manager
After which I rebooted into recovery and now I'm stuck in the black screen bootloader "RECOVERY BOOTING..."
I tried to reboot and even remove the battery but no go past to where I am.

I have a galaxy s3 L710 d2spr

Any and all help to get out of this will greatly be appreciated.
maybe try using odin to install this recovery. use this older version i uploaded and flash it with odin. after you get recovery working, download the new version of recovery in zip format on your computer, transfer it to your phone and install it, reboot to recovery and you should be good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: tar openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-d2spr.tar - [Click for QR Code] (6.32 MB, 9 views)
Sprint Galaxy SIII
Running Gummy Nightly KitKat
Don't forget to push that little Thanks button if you were helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to montecarlo5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reivaj1803
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Azusa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo5 View Post
maybe try using odin to install this recovery. use this older version i uploaded and flash it with odin. after you get recovery working, download the new version of recovery in zip format on your computer, transfer it to your phone and install it, reboot to recovery and you should be good to go.
Does it matter what version of Odin to use?
v3.09 or 1.85
 
Reivaj1803
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Azusa

 
DONATE TO ME
Do I put the tar file in BOOTLOADER or PDA?
 
montecarlo5
Old
#5  
montecarlo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 306
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivaj1803 View Post
Does it matter what version of Odin to use?
v3.09 or 1.85
i would use the newest version, but it shouldn't matter witch one you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivaj1803 View Post
Do I put the tar file in BOOTLOADER or PDA?
put it in PDA and uncheck auto reboot and f. reset time and make sure your phone is in download mode first. after odin finishes, pull your battery and put it back in, and see if your phone boots up now.
Sprint Galaxy SIII
Running Gummy Nightly KitKat
Don't forget to push that little Thanks button if you were helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to montecarlo5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reivaj1803
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Azusa

 
DONATE TO ME
It booted up within seconds without pulling the battery, right to my home screen!!

As I downloaded the twrp through goo manager I am assuming it only downloaded to my device and not flashed, am I correct on that assumption?

I tried looking for the latest twrp but was forwarded or linked to goomanager.

Might you have the file I can download and flash?
 
Reivaj1803
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Azusa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivaj1803 View Post
It booted up within seconds without pulling the battery, right to my home screen!!

As I downloaded the twrp through goo manager I am assuming it only downloaded to my device and not flashed, am I correct on that assumption?

I tried looking for the latest twrp but was forwarded or linked to goomanager.

Might you have the file I can download and flash?
Got it. It flashed without a hitch and my home screen showed up. I found the latest twrp in goo manager folder and flashed that. 'Android is upgrading...' apps are optimizing. I rebooted to confirm the latest twrp flash and I got stuck in the "RECOVERY BOOTING..." bootloader AGAIN!
I flashed the previous version of twrp and im not doing this new one, I realized it's doing me problems.
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!!

Pardon my french but your are ****in awesome for the help!!
 
montecarlo5
Old
#8  
montecarlo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 306
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivaj1803 View Post
Got it. It flashed without a hitch and my home screen showed up. I found the latest twrp in goo manager folder and flashed that. 'Android is upgrading...' apps are optimizing. I rebooted to confirm the latest twrp flash and I got stuck in the "RECOVERY BOOTING..." bootloader AGAIN!
I flashed the previous version of twrp and im not doing this new one, I realized it's doing me problems.
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!!

Pardon my french but your are ****in awesome for the help!!
You are welcome. I would recommend trying Philz Recovery if you want to upgrade your recovery. And I think the reason you are having trouble with Goo Manager download is that it is a bad file or download. I've that problem with Goo Manager too many times so i stopped using it.
Sprint Galaxy SIII
Running Gummy Nightly KitKat
Don't forget to push that little Thanks button if you were helped!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes