XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Member Post Restriction

Tip us?

mervoleo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New Member Post Restriction

Hello and greetings, this is my first post.

I've been reading these forums for quite a while and I own a Note II. I have followed a discussion in the OAD forums, including flashing a new rom, and have run the rom for a month now. I am simply having some trouble with a couple of aspects that haven't been addressed in the thread. I wish to solicit advice from the community.

Unfortunately, I cannot post because of the following rule:

-
Please Read: New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums. The developer forums are intended for experienced users and developers to discuss ways to improve technical aspects related to ROMs and Software. While you may be an expert, we ask ALL users to avoid posting questions about using or installing ROMs and software in the Development Forums. To encourage this new Users can read but not post in these forums.

To ask Questions about developing your device, installing ROMs, software and themes you must go to the Q&A or General Forum.

Remember, your question has very likely been asked already, so please search before posting.
-

As I am reading this, particularly the 'fewer than 10 posts' part, I am thinking something like, 'but I am a computer expert'. And then I reach this part, which addresses what I feel I am directly:

While you may be an expert, we ask ALL users to avoid posting questions about using or installing ROMs and software in the Development Forums. To encourage this new Users can read but not post in these forums.

It's an interesting thing to ask when most of the discussions in the forum I cannot post to directly involve 'using or installing ROMs'. It definitely allows me to avoid posting questions about my particular interest. Instead I need to write ten posts, and this is the first. I don't know.. is this rule really necessary? Should I make nine crap posts so I can get around to talking about what I want to talk about, and joining what is already a burgeoning discussion? Should I just.. leave? Or should I chill out?

mygraine
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Maybe post your questions in the Q&A sections? Just a thought....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

james873
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I would find the forum for your rom and ask the question there. You can ask a question in a thread already created just not create a new one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Codywp94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I am restricted to many things due to not posting and it makes me not able to make post to help even though I've been a member for a little while now

p1000haha
Old
Thanks Meter 7
damned, i am restricted toooooo

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

coma73
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i completely agree, this makes it so a large percentage of people who have questions cannot ask the people they want, cannot give bug reports and causes all sorts of problems. i can download a rom but cannot contribute at all to any issues, so i guess i can just make random posts in random topics( like the trolls you seek to weed out would no doubt do) but i havent biothered. its a stupid rule and the devs should be the most angry about this but i doubt they are aware that we have to go to other non devs to sort out the issues.

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6040
@coma73 Random posts and junk posts will be deleted, setting you back to your starting point. The moral of this story, follow the rules and all will be well; create junk/spam/random posts and be forever stuck with post limitations. We do check. Kinda funny, because that's how I stumbled into this thread.

In any event, we have the General and Q&A sections of the forums for you to read, learn, and ask any questions you may have. Most ROM's will have a Q&A thread already available, usually posted in (wait for it....) the Q&A forum, these are readily available for you to post your questions, comments, bug reports and feedback. If you're still stuck, there are many members here that would be willing to post on your behalf in a particular development thread.

We encourage members to utilize the resources at hand and the rules are pretty clear about why and the intention behind the post limitations. If you are unable to come up with 10 posts that are not junk/spam/random, you don't belong here any way.

Sito13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I stumbled across the same issue and it's really annoying. I'm not an inexperienced user in any way, been using custom roms for 2 years and just want to give some constructive feedback to a custom rom I'm using which does NOT have a Q&A thread.

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sito13 View Post
I stumbled across the same issue and it's really annoying. I'm not an inexperienced user in any way, been using custom roms for 2 years and just want to give some constructive feedback to a custom rom I'm using which does NOT have a Q&A thread.
There are a lot of inexperienced users who post pretty easy questions across the boards. It won't take long to get up/past 10 posts if you respond to a few of those. Helpful for them to to benefit from your experience.

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
(Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 19th December 2013 at 10:00 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sito13 View Post
In this instance a post in general forums is sufficient.

This has been argued time and time again, fought tooth and nail, and it will not change. It helps far more than you guys realize.
Is it honestly that difficult to come up with ten non spam posts? I mean really, you find a bug and post about it in general forums, there's one.
A question? Q&A forums, there's two...
I had to do it, every developer here had to do it, hell, every member posting in development had to do it. It is not that hard.
So put on your big boy pants,quit complaining, and just post.
The rules still apply, and anything spam or completely useless will be deleted.
On that note, this thread is closed.

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe